Last minute turkey questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adicted

Original poster
May 20, 2010
I'm using a traegar pellet grill...Always let mom make turkey now everyone requested i do one smoke...

1. Do I use a pan under my bird on the grill?

I will be brining it but am looking for a few suggestions on spices for a rub before I put on smoker...I will be adding to butter and putting all over bird...Any suggestions...

Hi there and welcome!

For seasoning after brine I would go Garlic, Onion, and double Black Pepper. NO salt because that should already be in your brine.

Birds produce a lot of drippings. I suggest you use a pan and use a rack of some kind inside the pan. Set the turkey on the rack and you are golden.

You can go one of two routes with the rack. Something like one of the racks below:
weston-turkey-vertical-poultry-roaster-stand-rack-oven-baked-smoking-grilling-barbecue
1200x1200px-primo-V-rack-roast.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky