Labor Day Charcoal Sales

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ham Bone

Original poster
Aug 2, 2018
Southern Cali
I know Lowes has the 18.6lb double bags of KBB for $12.88 on sale right now (they even gave me the military discount on the sale price).

Anybody seeing any other sales out there?
J

I've been using this exclusively for the past 8 months,just opened my 14th bag of it,burned 208 pounds of it.It is Royal Oak-good stuff.Walmart $4.92 16# bag/$.31# and my Walmart stocks it year round.
344c2384-3476-45cb-b0f7-e293b4a34269_1.02db4c23cdcf31e21ece804a29bbbbbf.jpeg

Reactions: Ham Bone
I've been using this exclusively for the past 8 months,just opened my 14th bag of it,burned 208 pounds of it.It is Royal Oak-good stuff.Walmart $4.92 16# bag/$.31# and my Walmart stocks it year round.
344c2384-3476-45cb-b0f7-e293b4a34269_1.02db4c23cdcf31e21ece804a29bbbbbf.jpeg

I bought 2 bags of this brand. You can tell it's made by RO. Looks the same and works the same.

Not the same sale on KBB as we're used to. Last time I bought the double bags they were 9.99. I'm going to check out our Walmart this week to see if we have the same prices on the Expert Grill brand.

Chris

Just bought a Bag of the expert grill charcoal from Wally World yup $4.92 16# bag going to see if you motorcrash and Adam are miss leading me. :D

Warren

I know Lowes has the 18.6lb double bags of KBB for $12.88 on sale right now (they even gave me the military discount on the sale price).

Anybody seeing any other sales out there?
J
Same deal in CO. Only difference: if you purchases 2 double bags, they'd throw a 32 oz can of lighter fluid for free (if one has a need for lighter fluid).

Just a heads up on the KBB for those who still use it in their smokers. The price should drop to $9.98 for the two bags about this Thursday, if history is an indicator. HD and Lowes will have the same price within a penny of each other.

The WalMart "Expert Grill" is absolutely Royal Oak Ridge. Since HD raised the price of their "Embers" (another store branded RO Ridge product) from $4.97 to $5.97 per 15.4 lb bag, Wally's store branded RO Ridge "Expert Grill" will be my go-to if my stock of Ridge gets low (still have 24 bags).

Last Labor Day Lowes did not drop the price of RO Ridge to $4/15.4 lb bag, their Spring and early Summer price. Lets see what they do this year.

Kind of off subject and maybe highjacking the thread, but hey if the OP can't highjack...
How well does the Weber fire cubes work?
I've always just grabbed a big bag of the "scope" Fritos corn chips and use one or two as a starter (been doing that since I was a kid camping). Plus, it gives me a bag of chips to munch on while I'm smoking.

Last edited:
Kind of off subject and maybe highjacking the thread, but hey if the OP can't highjack...
How well does the Weber fire cubes work?
I've always just grabbed a big bag of the "scope" Fritos corn chips and use one or two as a starter (been doing that since I was a kid camping). Plus, it gives me a bag of chips to munch on while I'm smoking.
They work well for me.I usually use 2 offset from center to fire a whole chimney.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky