Kassler Rippchen mit Sauerkraut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
As the name says.... cured and smoked pork chops with sauerkraut. I dry cured these chops for 60 hours, then rinsed and rested overnight. Next they got a couple of hours in the Big Chief, and then landed on my Smokey Joe.
nIxv4ji.jpg
SrYjFpj.jpg
GcgpM7r.jpg
XDTp8C0.jpg

These were a fraction of the cost of smoked chops from the butcher shop.
kYAVrpz.jpg
Served up with roasted potatoes and some sourdough bread.
0qE9yLn.jpg

Oh my... Kassler rippchen brings me back to my Army days in Europe.

So yummy....

Thanks for sharing.

JC :emoji_cat:

Very nice. I’ve always loved a good smoked chop.
Me too. And I have leftovers. Tomorrow could be a nice breakfast with some sliced pork meat, some roasted potatoes, toasted sourdough and a couple of farm eggs. No sense going to the market because our Interstate is still closed and I'm sure the shelves are bare. The good news is, we finally got a motor grader in the neighborhood about an hour ago.
G3QFFy9.jpg

Very nice. Pork Chop go on Sale every other week. A little time learning Curing and Smoking here, save Big $$$...JJ

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky