Kabanosy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rippper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
merto detroit, michigan
gonna take a shot at making a 10 lb batch of kabanosy. Had a 8 lb pork butt, added 2 lb of ground venison to bring total weight to 10 lb. used an avg/combiation of 3 different recipes. Ground up the meat and its in the fridge till tomorrow. After stuffing and smoking does it have to hang in a cool place for a few days? thx for looking

Resized_20210319_104445.jpeg

What Dan said plus, after smoking and ice water chilling, hang at room temp an hour or two to Bloom. Aka, let the casing dry and darken in color. Gives a prettier look...JJ

After blooming, they are good to go. However, kabanosy get better as they dry out a little bit.
To dry them, you can put them in a brown paper bag, or wrapped in paper towels. Keep them refrigerated. Takes about a week. I snack on them along the way, and they are usually all gone before they get too dry.

Whether I make regular Smoked Kielbasa or Kabanosy, I hold back a couple of pounds Fresh also called White Kielbasa. They are great simmered in Sauerkraut, on the Grill or browned in a little bacon grease...JJ

Well sausage in all put away. Flavor was excellent, but the casings were a little tough. The new camp chef preformed great the whole smoke staying between 160 and 165. This will make some nice kielbasa stuff in to Hog casings. Thx again for the tips.
20210320_164610.jpg
20210320_164619.jpg

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky