Just a teaser from an experiment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fwismoker, Aug 12, 2013.

1. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

This was an experiment I did and it came out awesome... Way better than I thought it would.
    As soon as I make more I'll do a full post on it then. What is it??
    :confused:

2. billsfan53

billsfan53 Newbie

Is it chicken?

3. fwismoker

No sir, it is not chicken.

4. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks kind of like bacon or cracklins

5. fwismoker

Not even close.

6. Breaded pork tenderloin or at least it's something breaded

7. fwismoker

Ding ding ding ding... We have a winner!

Homemade flattened and breaded tenderloin sandwiches but these were cold smoked before they were fried. This recipe is going in the book.

8. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Keith that is one of my favorite ways to do pork cutlets, or chicken fried steak. Smoke then fry! I typically will use Panko. I really like the pork served with two eggs sunny side up a pile of hash browns topped off with a good sausage gravy!

9. fwismoker

Case I only smoked for a half hour but the cuts being so thin it soaked it up. Chicken fried steak sounds great! I used a Ritz crackers but ran out and used regular bread crumbs. The crackers sure we're good though!

10. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You ought to try Smokin B's trick and cold smoke the Ritz crackers!!! Suppose you could do that with the Panko too. When I do the CFS I pound a round steak or a flank steak out really flat and then I marinate in red wine and Worcestershire. Then I cold smoke for 30min-hour. Coat in egg wash and Panko, into oil in the cast iron pan! Yumm!! Breaded pork cutlet is still my favorite though!