jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grimreeper

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Moosomin, SK
hello all i have 5 lbs of ground left over hamburger that i want to use up. I have no himountain jerky mix left, so i am looking for what you guys use or like. I want to make it tomorrow so i have it ready for the week end when we have our company. So post your fav jerky season here.

I don't have any recipes for jerky, but you might want to use the search feature & see what you come up with.

icon_cool.gif

I would say that you should look into your refrig and look what you have and make it up cause you never know what you'll come up with. I make a bbq sauce recipe called what's in the frig and alot of folks like it too.

Try this for GB jerky.

5 lbs gb (extra lean to lean)

3 Tbs non iodized salt

1 tsp cure #1

3 Tbs non iodized salt

1 Tbs garlic powder

1 Tbs onion powder

2 tsp cayenne pepper

2 tsp black pepper

2 tsp curry powder

1/2 cup non fat dry milk (used for a binder and aids in shrinkage.)

1 cup water

Mix all the dry with the water. Doing this will eliminate any clumping of the dry into the meat. Mix well until you have a sticky gb mix.

You can bag this overnight in fridge if you like. Make into patys, strips or extrude for a jerky gun. Smoke your normal way or dehydrate. Add whatever you like. I know this looks like its warm but its not.

Enjoy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky