Jeff's cherry smoked salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kelbro

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 22, 2009
N. Carolina
I tried the recipe in Jeff's email blast last week and I don't think that I will ever do salmon another way again! It was great. We had some fresh sockeye salmon. A hint of sweet, a hint of salt, and a hint of smoke. Check it out. I did this batch on the 22" Weber kettle.

IMG_1905.JPG

at what temp did you cook it at? I see Jeff recs 180 degrees.....What did you do on the kettle?

Jim
Even with just 6 or 7 briquets and a chunk of cherry wood, I was running just over 200. Took about an hour to get to 135 IT but these fillets were not real thick.

Reactions: JLeonard
Salmon looks mighty good. I'm about due to whip up another batch. Thanks for the reminder.

Point for sure
Chris

Even with just 6 or 7 briquets and a chunk of cherry wood, I was running just over 200. Took about an hour to get to 135 IT but these fillets were not real thick.
Thanks thats what i was wondering!!!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky