Jalapeños popper chicken casserole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Ran across some threads for this and had to give it a swing. Did an overnighter last night on my side gig. So I prepped it up yesterday before napping for work…
IMG_1461.jpeg IMG_1462.jpeg IMG_1463.jpeg IMG_1464.jpeg
grocery store rotisserie chicken pulled off the bone and shredded. into the pan with a layer of cream cheese diced jalapeños (from a jar), a heavy sprinkle of Malcom’s honey rub, shredded cheddar, and crispy crumbled bacon.
for a side I wanted to try mashed potato baked cups. Mashed potatoes, made a divot in each cup filled with shredded cheddar and topped with bacon.
IMG_1467.jpeg
potatoes didn’t come out of the cup like the recipe on the ‘net. Was supposed to be like a muffin. Ended up just being like baked mashed taters….Maybe DRKsmoking DRKsmoking can show me what I did wrong… He is the tater king!
plated up with some canned beans and corn. And of course a roll… gotta have some bread.
IMG_1471.jpeg

nice heat tempered by the cream cheese. I’ll do it again.
Thanks for hanging through the my rambling.

Jim

That looks delicious! Definitely the time of year for some comfort food to warm the belly!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great Jim
I would have no problem pushing my granny out of the way for a plate of that, lol

Thanks for the plug as tater boy lol ( not worthy of king status yet ) :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

The potato cups sound and look great , Not sure why not come loose in the muffin cups. Not knowing how you really did them, Maybe potatoes too moist as you want them to crisp a little in the cups , and as long as you greased the pan a bit . Maybe just a little more heat to the bottom area

David

Last edited:
Ran across some threads for this and had to give it a swing. Did an overnighter last night on my side gig. So I prepped it up yesterday before napping for work…
View attachment 679657View attachment 679658View attachment 679659View attachment 679660
grocery store rotisserie chicken pulled off the bone and shredded. into the pan with a layer of cream cheese diced jalapeños (from a jar), a heavy sprinkle of Malcom’s honey rub, shredded cheddar, and crispy crumbled bacon.
for a side I wanted to try mashed potato baked cups. Mashed potatoes, made a divot in each cup filled with shredded cheddar and topped with bacon.
View attachment 679661
potatoes didn’t come out of the cup like the recipe on the ‘net. Was supposed to be like a muffin. Ended up just being like baked mashed taters….Maybe DRKsmoking DRKsmoking can show me what I did wrong… He is the tater king!
plated up with some canned beans and corn. And of course a roll… gotta have some bread.
View attachment 679662
nice heat tempered by the cream cheese. I’ll do it again.
Thanks for hanging through the my rambling.

Jim
Looks great and is on my short list soon. Looks very much like my recipe for it. It's a real fav of mine

Looks pretty darn tasty to me Jim. I love a good casserole and this one would make a good change of pace. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

potatoes didn’t come out of the cup like the recipe on the ‘net. Was supposed to be like a muffin.
You could try those paper or foil baking cups.

You could try those paper or foil baking cups.
They just didnt get crispy like on the website recipe I was working off of. The bottom, sides and tops, were supposed to be crispy with a soft center. I'm gonna study the recipe and try it again. I will try the cups.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky