Inkbird IBBQ-4T WIFI vs IRF-4S

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dm76

Original poster
Apr 6, 2020
After going back and forth on here and doing some research, I think I have narrowed it down to these two. I am just too worried about the range of Bluetooth if I were to go inside, down to the far end of the house so am probably better off with an RF or WIFI. These two are just $25 apart and both at or under $100 so I could go for one of them if they are going to be good and last me awhile. I am just curious if anyone has used both and if so, which one they like better. I am using this on a grill so I won't have any long 12 hour smokes or anything and won't be leaving the house while something is cooking. The longest I could see it going is if I were to cook a whole chicken or ribs for a few hours but most stuff will be shorter like for cooking chicken breasts, reverse searing a steak, etc.

In regards to the blue tooth range. How far are you thinking the distance will be? I have gone easily 150 feet with my IBT-4XS.
I have yet to try their WiFi model . Though I have heard good things about them.

In regards to the blue tooth range. How far are you thinking the distance will be? I have gone easily 150 feet with my IBT-4XS.
I have yet to try their WiFi model . Though I have heard good things about them.
I'm the same with Steve, dont have the wifi but do have the 4xs bluetooth I keep my smokers out in my garage which is at least 100 ft from house and keep the tablet in the house with no issues connecting to it.

Well, the most would probably be about 50-60 feet inside a house and in a basement though. Lots of walls and floors in the way. Plus the grill sits on my deck with a chimney between it and wherever I go so there is that masonry to deal with too. So I guess the other consideration here is whether to go with a dedicated receiver on the RF model vs. a phone app.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky