Identify a light bulb as LED ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got my question answered in the first reply to my OP.

My problem was Hunter Ceiling Fans customer support trying to tell me to not use an LED bulb in a light kit which they sold with LED bulbs.

I got my question answered in the first reply to my OP.

My problem was Hunter Ceiling Fans customer support trying to tell me to not use an LED bulb in a light kit which they sold with LED bulbs.
I guess maybe I should have read the whole thread first!

Adding lights to my Hunter is something I've meant to do for quite some time, just need to stop procrastinating and get it done.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
I'm 95% sure these bulbs are LED. They were original in a Hunter ceiling fan light kit. I talked to Hunter tech support today that told me I could not use LED bulbs in the light kit on my fan. Said they did not recommend that, lights would not work right.

I've never heard of such a thing.

And if these bulbs aren't LED, then what the heck are they ?

View attachment 668541
Those are LED. Does your fan light have a dimmer? That might be the caveat on certain led's not working. if you just do on/off most same base LEDS should be fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky