I can’t keep my smoker clean!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice! What do U a the pecan vs other woods? I’ve never tried pecan. I’m in pnw. Mainly for but other woods too if u look. Some oak in places.
Pecan is my favorite, but I also cut, split and season it myself. It’s very prevalent down here.

Those ribs look great!
Thanks Mike, we sure enjoyed them!
Mike

Those ribs look like a keeper in my book. Nice job.

Point for sure.

Chris
Thanks Chris!

Great looking ribs!

When i had the lang 36 i noticed about a 25-30 degree difference at the firebox end and 10-15 degree difference low to high rack. Now on my 48 there is some difference low to high but there isn't as much temp difference right to left. i notice the therm i have on this one is very accurate and is very and tracks well with my new thermopro. the one on my 36 was way off (i things it got banged around in shipping or something) and i had to replace with a river country therm.

BTW im a big fan of pecan wood (smells great) but lately i have been running hickory and i love that flavor of smoke too!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Great looking ribs!

When i had the lang 36 i noticed about a 25-30 degree difference at the firebox end and 10-15 degree difference low to high rack. Now on my 48 there is some difference low to high but there isn't as much temp difference right to left. i notice the therm i have on this one is very accurate and is very and tracks well with my new thermopro. the one on my 36 was way off (i things it got banged around in shipping or something) and i had to replace with a river country therm.

BTW im a big fan of pecan wood (smells great) but lately i have been running hickory and i love that flavor of smoke too!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
Aaron I’ve been on a hickory kick lately too, but pecan is my go to wood. I’ve also got some persimmon and grapefruit that is ready to burn (I’ll use it on chicken and or fish), and I’m excited to try some of that as well.

Reactions: phatbac
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky