Humongous Ribeyes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh Yea... nothing better!!

Are those special searing racks under that steak?

Yes they are Grillgrates. I bought them with my pellet grill. It’s no secret that many pellet grills just won’t get quite hot enough to sear. I’ve had them for two months and I really like them.
I use them every time I grill with high temps.
The Grillgrate company says it will increase temps 150-200 degrees and that’s very accurate.
Now I set my grill to 425 and it sears everything really well. They are a pain to clean but that’s minor to the results. Another thing when using the Grillgrates I’ve noticed it takes a little longer for them to heat up so give them time to get good and hot.
They inter lock with each other. I have three sections but for the two of us I normally only use two. Flip them over for bacon, pizzas ect.
F6EDB562-4CBA-4F03-B2F0-FE06AF19C03D.jpeg
04B66695-9399-4E83-BCE4-8D07BF1316DB.jpeg

A few months back I bought a Rib-eye around 18 #. The butcher cut six big steaks, several thin steaks for sandwiches, and a five lb roast to be reversed seared on the pellet grill.
Tonight was D-Day for two of the big Rib-eyes. Nothing special was done just grilled them on the Grillgrates.
Side note..... I polished that sucker off and the baked potatoe was no slouch either:D

View attachment 372442 View attachment 372443 View attachment 372444 View attachment 372446
Fine looking steak, grill marks looked top notch!

Reactions: Ishi
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky