Howdy from the rainy NW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RainyCook

Original poster
Feb 7, 2020
I've been lurking here for a while trying to pickup tips for my fantasy of building my own smoker from scratch. Figured it was time to register and maybe ask a few questions myself.

Reactions: kruizer
Welcome! Jump on in and ask away. Tons of threads on smoker builds around here. What do you have in mind?

Welcome! Jump on in and ask away. Tons of threads on smoker builds around here. What do you have in mind?

I've been drooling over a few of them. Especially FendBass22's gravity fed build...

I've got a large (for me) Pit Boss vertical smoker at the moment and it's miles ahead of my gas grill but I want to try something charcoal based and see if I can taste a difference...maybe something that doesn't require an electrical outlet.

Welcome glad to have you on board. You have found the right place to ask questions. Lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info just ask away.

Warren

Welcome from Ohio. You’ll find plenty of info here. For me I love the difference lump charcoal and wood chunk make.

Not sure what your fabrication skills are, but if you want to introduce yourself to charcoal smoking, consider building a UDS. Cheapest way to build a vertical charcoal smoker and will let you know whether you like it or not. I love mine :-)

Welcome and Howdy from East Texas, great forum and great people.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky