Howdy, from a Mississippi boy in Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Zero Hour

Original poster
Apr 10, 2019
So I'm just a Joe Schmoe born and raised in Mississippi, branching out the past couple of years for work, income, and a better future for the youngins & family in general. I ended up in Texas (the wages are always better for me here anyway!) and I've been learning alot and meeting new people and just overall (minus the traffic) good.

Problem has been brewing lately where I'm feeling homesick. I didn't think that would be a problem but man I tell ya, when the babies and the family are on the other side of the Mississippi River, it starts to wear on you no matter how tough you are. Nevertheless, I accidentally stumbled upon something and became instantly obsessed...

I've played with smoking before on the grill, maybe a little chip burner, squeeze some flavor into the meats in a short time before yanking em off and happily watching it all disappear.... but then just this past week, somewhere in the midst of searching an app for a vehicle, I see a smoker for sale. I got what I believe is the first gen 30" Masterbuilt electric smoker, for less than $30. One of the best investments I've ever made. Now I feel like I'm allowed talk to the big dawgs.... My buddy in San Antonio has a Traeger that he loves, and he's surgical with it, but now rather than miss his ribs, I can learn the magic myself. Tried my first real smoke just a couple nights ago with 2 slabs of ribs and different yada yada. So far so good, and I can smell it following me around like a lost puppy begging me to come back and play.

Anyway, between Google, Youtube, and this site, I'm learning a ton. And I'd like to say Thank you!

Welcome, Zero, we are glad you've joined. As you see, there is TONS of information and knowledgeable folk in the forum. Don't hesitate to ask.

BTW, great deal on the smoker. Lot's of Masterbuild users on the forum.

Welcome to SMF. Great place to be and tons of information. Never forget your Mississippi roots. I have traveled coast to coast and North and South. Nothing like Southeast Mississippi. Come on back and visit when you can.

Welcome to the site Zero, happy to have you join the fun.

Chris

Thank you thank you. Im in Fort Worth. I make bi-weekly trips back to Mississippi though for the kids and family. Ive not traveled the southeast rnd much and am from Jackson.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky