How to apply Prague Powder #1 ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I want to thank the both of you for helping me out , I'm trying to get it right.

something to keep in mind, what works in 1 kitchen doesnt necessarily work in all kitchens. Different equipment, different meats, different.... there are always variables that makes "right" for one, not necessarily "right" for another. Critically follow food safety guidelines and let the rest of the stuff work out for what is right for you and your taste buds.

I have a old malt mixer that i bought on a sale just for mixing the water and cure and spices together!

I bought a Ninja blender, but then I often do 25 -50 lb batches of sausage or snack sticks.

Most A.C Legg packages have some guidelines on water or Ice water contents to use. As was stated before if stuffing into smaller casings a bit more water will help. Also if you let the meat mix set too long it will tighten up and be a problem to stuff in casings. Especially snack sticks!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky