How much wood do i need?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kgrindstaff

Original poster
Jan 1, 2015
NC
I have a vertical box smoker and will be using it for the first time to make a pork tenderloin. Should i fill the chip tray up completely or will that over power with smoke flavor? Never used it except to season a couple of days ago. I feel like for only one tenderloin at most halfway full would do the trick. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the board! Use the Search to look up your smoker and see how people use them. I'm in an offset so I can't answer your question.

How much wood would a wood chip tray need if a wood chip tray needed wood?  A wood chip tray would need as much as a wood chip tray would need if a wood chip tray needed wood.  Damn I think I might be one beer over the limit. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky