How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It was a dumb name I thought up when I joined a fly fishing site. It started out as GnuBeeFlyer because I was new to flyfishing and I worked at the airport tower as an FSS. Now I just shorten it to GnuBee.

It was a dumb Idea because it never occured to me that I wouldn't always be a newbie and the name wouldn't always fit.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

In the 38 pages of this thread I have recognized quite a few of the handles on here. Some I am not sure of and some I am sure of. Small world the internet.

It was partially influenced by this cartoon.

Reactions: cayotica
Befor I became a chef, I was in art school for animation. I also still had my deep passion for food and cooking, but the parents were both artists and It was all I knew as a vocation.

So one of my characters that I still draw to this day was a cartoon version of me called Chef Boy, he had great cooking adventures that always ended up with him getting chased by girls. If only real life immitated art!

The 812 is just the add on to make it easy to get screen names, but instead of 123, I like the the sound of 812 (ATE ONE TOO!!!) hungry yet?

That's me, maybe it is time for a chef boy cartoon for smf, maybe I can get cowgirl, bbqgoddess, and some of the other girls to chase me.
I little older now and slower, easier to catch.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Dan is my name. I'm a mutt by family lineage, but my father was fairly vocal about his Scottish lineage. Since the area I live in is known as the Hudson Highlands, I thought Dan of the Highlands was an appropriate fit.

The parents from the movie "So I Married An Axe Murderer" are my parents. The movie exagerates them a little, but thems my parents.....Mike Myers had my old man down to a T.
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif

Other than having a beard for 40 years I acquired the name from being a Pirate working against DirecTV! Anyone remember F, H and HU cards!

beard

Mine's too obvious to need any explanation.

Man, some of you guys have been around a loooong time, haven't you.

Dawn, please check in on this thread. I'd dying to know how you got to be Irishteabear.

Had to pick a name for Myspace and since I then lived in Arizona and enjoyed great concerts I became Arizona Rocker. I have since moved to Oklahoma. (for the love of a good women) but my 25 years in Arizona and all the great concerts will always be a part of me
icon_exclaim.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky