How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid) method, my screen name is the same for almost every forum I am a part of.  It is my company name.  Rock Solid ATA Martial Arts.  I just drop the Martial Arts to keep it short and sweet.

Not much of a story to mine ... Got married in 1985 and the resort we went to on our honeymoon was called the Hawksbill. Used it ever since then.

Well, my first name is Fritz, I come from a long line of the Nordic Hoard. But as a kid I never liked

the name since as a kid. One of the first curse words ya learn as a kid starts with Sh--t , you get the idea.

Thus trauma  for a 6  year old kid.  So I went by the English version Fred for years. Until the confusion with legal name shit vs what I've been called requiring lot's of problems in the system.

In order to screw with the system, I go by both. But sometimes never answer to either.

Hey, you asked.

Well, that was certainly informative. I did not know that Fred was the Anglicized version of Fritz. Thank you for yet another day of learning..
thumb1%20copy.gif

My Screen name "For HIS Glory BBQ". When I became a Christian I started using my love for BBQ to bless people at church, but didn't have my own rig at the time so I would have to borrow one from a friend. One my brother Jerry from church saw the rig I was borrowing and said, "Al, we've got to build you one of these. I replied , "I don't have any money to build one." He said, "I didn't ask you if you had any money, I said we 'we've got to build you one of these." Soon after someone gave me a trailer, someone else a large butane tank, and Jerry bought some material and built me a rig. I then determined that since the LORD provide the BBQ rig I would use it "For HIS Glory " thus the name.

Last edited:
I fell in love with penquins (yes I know I spell it with a q that's my trademark) when I watched my first Chilly Willy cartoon. So hence Penquin Princess. For some reason the last s didn't show up when I created my screen name and haven't figured out how to fix that.:beercheer: Cheers to all!

The system only allows 15 characters max for user names, that's why the second "s" in Princess was dropped.

My name is Rick and when my nephew started talking he couldn't say his R's so I became Uncle Ick and it just became Icky and now it has stuck.  I even have a vanity plate for my truck.

I am a huge Stevie Ray Vaughan fan, and I saw him perform his 2nd to last concert at Alpine Valley Resort in East Troy, WI.  The concert I saw was on Saturday, August 25th, 1990.  Other acts included Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy and Jimmie Vaughan.  He played again on the 26th, and the helicopter he was riding in (along with several members of Clapton's road crew) crashed in the early morning hours of August 27th, 1990.  Hence, SRV1990.

I have a FB page called Thirsty Warrior that is mostly about craft beer (hence the "Thirsty" part of the name). The Warrior is from my almost 24 years in the Army, now retired, and service in Iraq. I thought I'd keep that handle when I decided to join all you fine folks over here.

nothing too crazy for me, I'm a sales rep and the main line I sell is The Original Muck Boot....some of my dealers call me the "Muck Man" when I walk in the door.  Now if I can just get a deer this year while wearing my Muck Boots I can smoke some deer!

Newbie here,
My name is Jeff. My user name is nylan01. Nylan was a character in a book I read that I thought was cool! I really enjoy seeing some of the different and interesting user names on here. Have wondered some times where people come up with them. Great thread Deer Meat !:drool:77:

My screen name is from a video game. It is a radio station in this game. And I got tired of using the same old names for all my sites. So out came that one...

I got my name from playing paintball with all the guys. Im kinda of a smaller guy which is an advantage when hunting or being hunted, so I was able to run through the thicker parts of the woods and brushy areas. I would make trails and tunnels through all thickets and hunt down the other team, snipe them out of the brush. After my friends all found my tunnels I made that they couldn't maneuver through as easily as I could they started calling me TunnelRatt. Stuck with me ever since

Last edited:
I got my name from playing paintball with all the guys. Im kinda of a smaller guy which is an advantage when hunting or being hunted, so I was able to run through the thicker parts of the woods and brushy areas. I would make trails and tunnels through all thickets and hunt down the other team, snipe them out of the brush. After my friends all found my tunnels I made that they couldn't maneuver through as easily as I could they started calling me TunnelRatt. Stuck with me ever since

Reactions: ryman36
back in high school the group of friend i hung out with were always called daboyz, so i got really creative with that, adding my birthday 12/23 to it. and wah-lah daboyz1223 was born. 
241.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky