How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mine is kind of quirky and if you are Jewish or know some one that is , please take no offense :-). Before my wife was called my wife,(just dating not married yet), she had a friend that replaced jew in for you when a song came on. For example, "I only want to be with Jews." I hope you get it. When my wife and I first met she told this friend about me, (by the way my name is Drew),when her friend heard my name she thought my wife said Jew. And when she showed her a picture of me, her friend said,"Heather is dating a Jewhottie!"

Ever since then I have always done things on the net with the name jewhottie. So, nothing religious about it, just a miscommunication that stuck.

Also, this is my first response to a thread so I hope I didn't lose anybody.

When I first started dating my now wife....my FIL used to call me Shawn Na Na.  So now my BIL calls me Na Na as a nick name.  Just kind of stuck.  thought it would be a good screen name.

i had an old boss that called me ryman and it stuck.my name is ryan. the 36 came from  my age when I got my first home computer.thus ryman36 was born.

Not that creative. First and second initial and a nickname made from the last name Baldwin. The baldy part eventually became true by the time I hit 30 years old. Now 60, and I get to laugh at most of my friends who made fun of me way back. 

I actually got my nick name around 20 years ago by some girl. The name is just some weird thing that she said one nite and it stuck for some reason. 

I play a lot of live music, groups and one-man shows. One night, I was playing a solo show, seated, and a bunch of change started fallin from my pocket while I was playin. Some folks listening came up with it after the show, based on my name Drew.

Also my Xbox gamertag :)

Husband's nickname... He likes to think he's the captain. But I'm the one who usually buys the meat, and prepares it. He programs the smoker, puts the meat in and takes the meat out.... Hmmmmm

Mine is a pretty easy one also, my name is Dave and I am from South Dakota.
a42.gif

Trying to find a  variation to my original username was a pain in the arse, it was too common.  So I wanted something no one would ever use.

(Do What You Say You Will Do)

-dwy

Trying to find a  variation to my original username was a pain in the arse, it was too common.  So I wanted something no one would ever use.

(Do What You Say You Will Do)

-dwy
Cool-----Also the same thing backwards!!

Welcome dwy! And all you other Newbies!! 
welcome1.gif

Bear

Pbplayer here....I'm a musician in my off hours so my first real bass was a Fender Precision.  Hence Precision Bass Player. 

Excellent replies. So in this case, the origin of screen names really helps you to get to know people...or at least get started on it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky