New guy with a comment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A teaching moment, I do not know it all and learn from others every day, but some things I know, I had a leak a little while ago and went into Biskit mode lol. An old moon shiner taught me a trick. If your still leaks make biskits and make em fast
Flour and water will turn rock hard

image.jpg

The 1/2 price wont last long hope pay day is really soon :emoji_laughing:

That is true. And the rate is not high at all
I kinda want to get to know my way around before making a financial commitment

But I guess I will have pay first

Ok guys. Be back on pay day,
Wallet is cob weeby at the moment
You could use a vpn and it blocks the adds too

Reactions: smokin peachey
And btw I love smoking a big fatty lol

lol. I have been know to fool around with some icky sticky.
I pity the fool who tries to smoke a fatty of today's icky sticky! That would cause "dain bramage".

I hate using my phone for browsing the internet and stuff like this site. As a CAD draftsman these days I am spoiled with three big monitors on my desk...at home.

My browser went haywire for a while this morning and I was using Edge which just happens to be the default on this PC, and man, you ain't lyin', It's like a carnival midway on this site with no filters. So much of the web is like that, but this place has it on steroids. Supporting the site can be a good thing, but I backed off here for quite some time because it seemed like every other time I posted something a product was pushed on me by many members.

I would browse the web less if I didn't have Firefox with Duck Duck Go loaded with add-ons that block all kinds of stuff. Ads, pop-ups, flash, HTML Autoplay, YouTube Autoplay, stop telling about cookies, etc.. I literally have 15 add-ons/extensions, an army of crappola blocking so I can browse in peace and sanity...not feel like I'm in that carnival midway being barked at by every booth and vendor as I'm walking by.

By the way, all of that is free. Every now and then a site will block me because of it, I only drop them for access to the site if I really need that site, otherwise I wont patronize any site that blocks blockers and has a ridiculous amount of adds and crap on the page. I used to like to listen to talk radio, but its all like that now too...more of a "commercial hour" than content. I'm the same way with TV...watch almost everything recorded on DVR, seldom live TV.

I run duck go as a search and never had problems before paying to play. That said, the lifetime membership is a steel just for the knowledge here, it’s like days and days of reading books and trial and error over months and years being given to you freely in minutes. The knowledge here on a wide range of food subjects is bar none the most vast on the inter webs, couple that with the good nature of 99% of the members and I can’t believe Jeff sells lifetime membership for 100 bucks much less puts it on sale for 50 bucks, and still there are complaints.

I run duck go as a search and never had problems before paying to play. That said, the lifetime membership is a steel just for the knowledge here, it’s like days and days of reading books and trial and error over months and years being given to you freely in minutes. The knowledge here on a wide range of food subjects is bar none the most vast on the inter webs, couple that with the good nature of 99% of the members and I can’t believe Jeff sells lifetime membership for 100 bucks much less puts it on sale for 50 bucks, and still there are complaints.
If it isn't posted here somewhere, you don't need to know it. It's well worth paying the membership just for that, and you don't need to jump through hoops to get it all, ad free.

If it isn't posted here somewhere, you don't need to know it. It's well worth paying the membership just for that, and you don't need to jump through hoops to get it all, ad free.
I’m also surprised that the search function is not members only. I don’t think you even have to be a member to use it. Complete treasure trove.

Hello I'm the new guy and so far I like this site because the people I have met seem to be really good people. To me the people is what either makes or breaks a forum this forum I think is a success OK here comes the butt. Man what is up with all the trash garbage on the screen I have never seen this much advertisement and just movies shows junk on a form in my life I am finding it very hard just to navigate the site I understand that the owners need to make money, advertising makes money , I want to stay I like the people but having to duck and Dodge advertise and click exes and crap like that I'm not a complainer not a hater I'm not a troublemaker I just thought I would bring this to the attention of the owners and I will not bring this up again thank you for listening to my mini rant
My name is Frodo on multiple forums here it is smoking a fatty
so ... i ran around here for quite awhile before i ponied up a bit o cash, and i used a ff addon called "adblock ultimate" or something like that. i never realized how many ads were on here until after i subscribed. after i subbed i got a blank page. wierdest thing ever, but once i turned the ad blocker off everything went back to normal. so, totally worth the lifetime sub -- and don't forget to turn off the ad blocker after you give the monies.

One of my add-ons blocks me clicking on SMF links in emails, branding it a tracker. Very few emails I get receive that kind of alert.

Not hatin' on anything, just sayin. And no doubt this is probably the best reservoir for immersive smoking and some other cooking. I am less "immersed" than I used to be, its kind of run its course for me. I came to the place where everything doesn't have to taste like smoke anymore, and my wife appreciates that. Still smoke some meats, but a few times a year now vs. a few times a month.

The folks here are nice compared to some other places. I always found it interesting how cooking can turn so many people in to jerks. I've been behind the scenes in commercial kitchens and bars and have seen the hardcore angle of it. As a retired welder/fabricator, it is surprisingly macho and competitive much like metal shops...which I never understood. My welding instructor taught me that competition was good, but not sharing knowledge, even with your competitor was not good. Your goal was to compete with the same tools and be better or at least the best you can be even if you're not the best, but always share and help people.

Reactions: smoking a fatty
One of my add-ons blocks me clicking on SMF links in emails, branding it a tracker. Very few emails I get receive that kind of alert.

Not hatin' on anything, just sayin. And no doubt this is probably the best reservoir for immersive smoking and some other cooking. I am less "immersed" than I used to be, its kind of run its course for me. I came to the place where everything doesn't have to taste like smoke anymore, and my wife appreciates that. Still smoke some meats, but a few times a year now vs. a few times a month.

The folks here are nice compared to some other places. I always found it interesting how cooking can turn so many people in to jerks. I've been behind the scenes in commercial kitchens and bars and have seen the hardcore angle of it. As a retired welder/fabricator, it is surprisingly macho and competitive much like metal shops...which I never understood. My welding instructor taught me that competition was good, but not sharing knowledge, even with your competitor was not good. Your goal was to compete with the same tools and be better or at least the best you can be even if you're not the best, but always share and help people.

I‘m also a new,nice to meet you
You also my Friend

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky