Hooked In Iowa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

z fat joe

Original poster
May 30, 2014
Good Morning All,

My name is Joe, and I'm an addict.

This is my first year smoking. I got started with a Master Forge cheapy that a couple friends bought for me as a baby gift (I just had a my first child, and they thought I needed something to do since I'd be stuck at home). I did several smokes on it, but was unable to maintain my desired temps. Therefore, I quickly upgraded to the WSM. Love it!

With that said, I look forward to chatting with y'all. Been learning a lot off this site and everyone seems very helpful and down to earth.

Hey I need information on a backyard setup for smoking for retailing how to have good setup for smoking, as well as a prep table, tent setup, a good design for sell bbq, that flow very easy to work on a budget, :grilling smiling:thankyou

Hey Joe, welcome to the site, and a big congrats on the new addition to your family and new smoker. Be waiting to see what good things come off your new toy. Need any help just ask.

Gary S

Hey Welcome to the addiction, we only feed it, we don't help you off of it.

Where at in Iowa?? I'm in the Cedar Rapids area myself.

Been doing this for a few years now and I've really gotten into curing and smoking Hams and Bacon. Brisket will always be my favorite though.

I live in Sioux City. Been doing a lot of butts, ribs, chops, and chicken. Haven't been brave enough to attempt the brisket yet. I'm sure I'll try it in the next couple of weeks. I've currently got a 9lb butts on along with 6 racks of baby backs. I'll try to upload a pic of the butt (which has been on for 7 hrs). We'll see if it works.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky