help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fred420

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 5, 2008
buffalo, ny
any idea on troubleshooting a regulator problem on a chargrill propane grill????regulator was leaking, very low flame on burner with fresh cylinder...figured diagpragm was bad as liquid was passing out regulator body...replaced regulator--not chargrill but some rating on regulator body...had trouble maintaining a low temperature with all burners on low..kept creeping up high quickly...turned down the cylinder valve that worked for a while..grill went out..then had to relight..even with valve on cylinder fully open and all 3 burners on high very low flame..smashed regulator and broke 2 grates....felt better....finish smashing or what?????

You have a serious problem somewhere in there. I would think about replacing the whole thing. Sounds like yours is shot now anyways.
Propane can be very dangerous as it expands over 300 times from its liquid form. Being a fireman, I have been to several structure fires and seen them blow.
Makes the old neck hairs stand up!

Sometimes I have to take the burners out and clean them in order to get back to the blue flame. Replace the regulator. Notice the difference between the refulators painted red and the plain silver ones. High pressure vs low pressure. You should have a silver regulator, if it's red, you will not get a small flame.

geob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky