Help me decide: analog or digital

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ALG

Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Wanting to buy an electric smoker but I can't decide if I should go with a digit or analog Masterbuilt smoker. I know I want to be able to use an AMNPS for longer smokes. My main concerns are to be able to keep the temperature consistent and whether I need insulation. Are these big concerns for someone who won't be smoking fish? I'm mainly going to use this for at higher temps and I live in Texas. I like the idea that the digit smokers are insulated with larger vents and an external wood chip feeder, but don't like hearing that the digit control unit doesn't seem to last long.

Like tallbm mentioned, search/find a used good condition insulated Gen 1 or 2.5 40" $40 Mes digital smoker. You just need the insulated door/box, the Auber WS-1510ELPM PID controller and a heating element (or a spare element which I have on hand.) The element or controller may be out and that's why they are getting rid of it. For $200 or so it's better than any digital Mes out of the box.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky