Hello, I'm a Smokin-it #3 owner.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lonzinomaker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 8, 2018
Hello,
I've been a MES smoker from a generation 1 for 15 years and a Little Chief for 5 years before that. My MES died last fall and I replaced it with a new one from a black friday sale for $79. I have a mailbox mod that made a world of difference in how easy it was to do a cold smokes and hours long smokes.
I started doing some Lonzino, warm smoked slab bacon and canadian bacon last year. But I wanted more room so I could do more than 4 slabs of bacon and full racks of baby back ribs. And I was never really satisfied with the ribs from the MES. I knew about Cookshack, but being retired and somewhat limited in funds, searched for an alternative. Found the Smokin-it smokers and after much dawdling got a #3. Made some ribs in the #3 and they were the best ever according my taste testers.
Soon to be building a Heater-meter to run the #3 soon.

Welcome to the forum. Good to see you here. The SI 3, as you know, is built like a stainless steel tank.

Hello,
I've been a MES smoker from a generation 1 for 15 years and a Little Chief for 5 years before that. My MES died last fall and I replaced it with a new one from a black friday sale for $79. I have a mailbox mod that made a world of difference in how easy it was to do a cold smokes and hours long smokes.
I started doing some Lonzino, warm smoked slab bacon and canadian bacon last year. But I wanted more room so I could do more than 4 slabs of bacon and full racks of baby back ribs. And I was never really satisfied with the ribs from the MES. I knew about Cookshack, but being retired and somewhat limited in funds, searched for an alternative. Found the Smokin-it smokers and after much dawdling got a #3. Made some ribs in the #3 and they were the best ever according my taste testers.
Soon to be building a Heater-meter to run the #3 soon.
Hi there and welcome!

Ooooh you will love the HeaterMeter. Feel free to go over my notes on my HeaterMeter setup here :)

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...d-electric-smoker-mes40-mod-in-detail.264277/

Here's a pic of my #3 on a 2nd hand food service cart I found- works perfectly.
Also included is a pic of the mailbox mod on my MES, it keeps the smoker within 5-10 deg of ambient temp when I used it for cold smoking.
1rst jerky smoke feb2018.jpg 0404171619_HDR.jpg

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy, windy and warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky