Hello from Iota Louisiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gavin guidry

Original poster
May 18, 2012
Iota, Louisiana
First off, I am Gavin Guidry from southwest Louisiana. I am 18 about to turn 19 . I have a 10 pd. stuffer and a small electric grinder.I have a 4x4 smoke house thats 12 feet tall and holds 150-200 pds. plus 15-20 pds of tasso. Though my equipment is small i produce an average of 200-300 pds of green,smoked sausage a month. I have been in the buisness since i was 16 but i Just started making my own sausage Christmas2011. My recipe is very secret because it is so good. My recipe has beaten the local favorite in a blind taste test. My sausage is all about flavor flavor flavor. Though i cant give no recipes . i will give the best advice i can from a Cajun standpoint.

Last edited:
Welcome....sounds like you have a winner recipe....I have many myself. None for sausage though. Hard to find a really good one. Once in awhile you find a great piece of sausage....
welcome1.gif

Reactions: gavin guidry
Well a cajun sausage comprises of mostly salt black pepper, red pepper , and a hint of sugar, and if you want to make it really good add equal amounts of garlic and onion powder ;)

Hello Gavin and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - sounds like you have a great program - 

Gavin, morning....  Welcome to the forum.....  Sorry to hear you don't share recipes...  Everyone else here shares their recipes... It's the "Smoker Friendly Forum" thing we do.... Helping others make great Q, sausage, fattys, beer, gardening, breads, cheeses etc. is why we are here....  We help folks modify their smokers so they work better...  All sorts of sharing goes on here..... 

Hopefully you will change your mind about sharing yours while learning from our members tried and tested recipes and other learning experiences..... 

Dave

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky