Hello from Bergen County New Jersey!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeffnj

Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Northern NJ
I'm Jeff, and have been visiting this forum for a few years now.  I've gotten great ideas from these discussions, and put them to good use.  I cuurently have a MES (30"), replacing my old charcoal bullet smoker.

Jeff, morning and welcome to the forum.... Hope all is well in your part of NJ....  Seems pretty devastated from the storm....  

This forum has great members that have provided many recipes that are delicious...  Enjoy making them and enjoy the long smokey ride...  Dave

Welcome Jeffnj . hope you decide to call this your Smoking home....
biggrin.gif

Send somw Q-view of the  smoker and what you  cook....
drool.gif

have fun and ...

Hi Jeff! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, Thanks!

Welcome to the SMF Family...I still have my Mom, Brother and extended family still in Jersey, Middlesex, Somerset and Union Counties, with power issues but not much water damage. Hope all is well with you and yours and you don't have to spend too much time waiting for Gas...JJ

I'm from Midland Park, in North Jersey (Bergen County).  I was extremely fortunate - we only lost power for 25 hours.  Many of our neighbors still have no power (7 days later), and the temprature is dropping.  We have had several house guests for the last few days, waiting for power to be restored to their homes.  I went fishing on a charter out of Belmar NJ, and the devestation at the shore was unbelievable - Those people are really suffering - like I said, I was extremely fortunate.

Here's a pic from my Jerky smoke, I got the idea of hanging the jerky through the grates from this forum!

Welcome! Good thing charcoal doesn't require electricity or gas. Down here in Oklahoma, the Mother Nature pounds on us from time to time. Looks like you guys are about to get hit again. Bummer.

I suggest you take off work a couple of days and smoke some meat!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky