Have to log in each time I visit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Central NY
Stating yesterday I now need to login every time I open SMF, even after I checked the stay logged in box. Is it just me?

You have my prayers Al, speedy recovery.

Chris

I'm not sure how my post to Al got in this thread, but I'm getting logged out when I hit the recent posts link again.

Chris

I have never used the login box before yesterday, but that is the only way I could get logged in. It's been keeping me logged in.

Last edited:
Same here. Whether on phone, laptop or desktop. Tried clearing and rebooting. Problem continues. Change page not logged to that page. Backup to previous page still logged in.
Now add while trying to post this reply from a phone error message appears "you need to log in to post", yet top of page shows being logged in.

Same here, and I had to log in again just to reply to this, after already being logged in about 5 minutes earlier. It seems erratic and unpredictable.

I can understand how the board administration doesn't want to have huge numbers of logins hanging open, but apparently they haven't figured out the details yet.

I also wonder, How many people have not been able to log in and tell us that they can't log in?

Sorta happens here too. Everyday lately I have to re-log. Once done I can go/do what ever and when I come back I'm automatically logged in. Next day, start over.
I know a few of the sites I frequent, anytime the tech folks go into the software to work on it or fix issues, everyone has to re-log. I've been writing all this off to up-dates.

It seems to me that there is a problem with the "Recent" menu item. Every time I click that I need to log in again, however clicking any of the other menu items never causes me to be logged out.

Hmmm the recent page it my goto page that open when I log in.....Might have to try the home page and see if that works

I just bought one of the cool, "I like Pig Butts..." t-shirts from the store.
I sure as heck received all the normal pertinent email replies to my purchase from Smoking-Meat.com apparel.
But still no email notification from the forums.

And then I had to log-in to the forums... AGAIN... for the umpteenth time today.

I had to delete my smokingmeatforums.com cookie, log in to the home page, and then avoid clicking the Recent menu item (which has always been my favorite). However, at least I'm staying logged in.

It's a pain in the butt but we'll get through it, there's always problems like this that need to be worked out.
Anybody remember the crash of 09? that was Bad. this is a cakewalk. :rolleyes:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky