Todays Bread tip .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Don't fall asleep in the recliner when you have Sourdough in a 450 oven .
20240220_132156.jpg
20240220_132204.jpg
The 2 pics above are from yesterday .

Got up this morning and had a couple slices . Outside of the looks , the taste is awesome .
Great chew too .
Even the darkest spot on the bottom did not have a burnt taste .
I guess I caught it just in time .
20240221_075208.jpg

That is the way we like our SD bread, nice dark crust with a good crunch & chewy & moist inside!
Looks like you nailed it to me!!!
Al

Reactions: chopsaw
bread looks good.
That's the Brotchen formula you posted , but I upped the water to 300 grams .
Fermented 2 days .
That is the way we like our SD bread, nice dark crust with a good crunch & chewy & moist inside!
Same here . Smelled kind of " nutty " over burnt . I used a cornstarch glaze on it , so that might have been some of it .
Did this one last week . It was perfect . Fell asleep on this one too . Lol .
20240122_154329.jpg
20240122_180743.jpg

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
That's the Brotchen formula you posted , but I upped the water to 300 grams .
Fermented 2 days .

Same here . Smelled kind of " nutty " over burnt . I used a cornstarch glaze on it , so that might have been some of it .
Did this one last week . It was perfect . Fell asleep on this one too . Lol .
View attachment 689290
View attachment 689292
Looks great.

Did your smoke alarm wake you up:emoji_laughing: Been several months since made any. I took my poor neglected starter out yesterday and fed it. Came right back to life. Feeding again this morning and going to make Al's wife Judy's rye bread.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky