Happy Thanksgiving to all y'alls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You as well. I’m spinning a 18# bird on the kettle, what’s your plan?
I was going to go to Golden Coral at 4:00 PM after all the crowds thin out but I saw a nice package of St. Louis ribs at HEB this morning so I am going to smoke em 3-2-1 tomorrow. Supposed to be a nice chill day so a good day to fire up the smoker.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving
Same to you bud .
I was going to go to Golden Coral at 4:00 PM after all the crowds thin out but I saw a nice package of St. Louis ribs at HEB this morning so I am going to smoke em 3-2-1 tomorrow. Supposed to be a nice chill day so a good day to fire up the smoker.
I'll be going to my Sisters again this year . She went from undercooked turkey to , to much salt in the brine turkey . I was dreaming I was stranded in the desert last year .
That was better than blood on the plate turkey though .

Kids are going to their Mom's side on Friday . I have a slab of BB I might do for me , or chuck eyes are calling my name also . Maybe some polish and kraut with a dark beer .

Same to you and all. Smoking an 18 lb'er tomorrow in the MES 40. Starting at 6am, hopefully. Been doing the same way for about 6-7 years and we like it. Wife made her famous homemade Cheesecake, which we only get twice a year. That's the real star of the show. 02ebz06 02ebz06 enjoy your trip!

It looks like it is just the wife and I along with our two pups this year.

Rema picked up a nice Turkey breast, mashed potato and more package at Costco yesterday.

Uncooked but that is good enough for me. Less work.

Celebrate thanks giving for how you are living no matter where you are but how you are enjoying life.

I am thankful that I met my wife years ago and we have led a great life together. It has been enhanced by the joy of having two great dogs, one 5 years and the new one at 11 weeks to make our lives happier. We also have family close by that we can visit back and forth.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Bird will be coming out of the brine after a few more sips of coffee and into the MES with some orange wood chips

Last edited by a moderator:
We're empty nesters this year. Wife is cooking up a turkey breast and a couple of sides. Just keeping it simple. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Chris

L18Glr8.jpg
I'll be racing Mother Nature.. a wet snow storm will be blowing in around noon and I'm hoping to get a few hours of smoke on a Coppa roast, and probably finish it inside. Black Friday will be a white Friday, with up to 9" of snow forecast.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky