Grill choice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

laughingpanther

Meat Mopper
Original poster
I have approximately a hundred dollars to spend on a grill and have narrowed my choices down to a Weber 22 inch original kettle or a Kingsford thirty inch barrel grill. I like the capacity of the Kingsford, but want to use my grill as a grill and a smoker. Which one would y'all buy and why?

No idea.
But it looks like you have a Char Broil Kettle, so I would think a barrel grill might be the next step.
That said, it's hard to beat a Weber. Lots of doo-dads and gee-gaws made for Webers.

Weber Weber Weber. It’s the best $98 bucks you will spend. You can cook anything on one. I’ve owned more equipment than I can list. They come and go. But I’ve always had a Weber 22. Dad showed me how to cook on one 30 years ago. He was a master. I Never looked back. B

I agree with the others. Weber, most versatile grill on the planet. Lots of extra goodies you can add on to it for different uses.

upload_2018-5-4_23-35-43.png

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Weber! Great quality and versatility!
Then save up for a smoker once you get the hang of it.
I've smoked and grilled meat for twenty years. With the Weber, it's easier to smoke meat. The Kingsford has a larger capacity and is a fine grill, but more of a hassle to smoke with. Anyway, on December 16th, my girlfriend kicked me out of the house and kept my 26" kettle grill that I had bought to replace the Charbroil that got stolen. Y'all want to hear something funny? She wouldn't even give me back my back scratcher and expected me to beg her to let me come back. A woman mean enough to keep a man's backscratcher is a woman I ain't getting back with. Anyway, I decided to get the Weber because of it's versatility and I'm getting it on Wednesday. I'm throwing a barbecue on the 27th. WSM coming my was soon if I have any luck.

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
I've smoked and grilled meat for twenty years. With the Weber, it's easier to smoke meat. The Kingsford has a larger capacity and is a fine grill, but more of a hassle to smoke with. Anyway, on December 16th, my girlfriend kicked me out of the house and kept my 26" kettle grill that I had bought to replace the Charbroil that got stolen. Y'all want to hear something funny? She wouldn't even give me back my back scratcher and expected me to beg her to let me come back. A woman mean enough to keep a man's backscratcher is a woman I ain't getting back with. Anyway, I decided to get the Weber because of it's versatility and I'm getting it on Wednesday. I'm throwing a barbecue on the 27th. WSM coming my was soon if I have any luck.

LMAO!!!

Reactions: laughingpanther
I'm relatively new to this whole thing. I used to use and old charcoal grill, that was about it. I went out a couple of years ago and bought a Char-Broil Big Easy SRG (Smoker, Roaster, Grill Combo). That thing is Fan-Danged (for the faint of heart)-Tastic!!!!!

I have not used the smoker in it as yet, but I use the Grill and Roaster operations all the time.

It is an indirect (Radiant - Char-Broil calls it Infrared) Heat unit. It took a bit to get used to, but it keeps meats moist, (unless you grill/roast them too long) and tender. I grilled some Pork Rib Chops with it the other day. For seasoning I used salt, pepper and Jeff's Original Rub (speaking of, I need to get some more) on them. They came out tender and moist, and to me they would rival about any steak.

I highly recommend this unit for anyone just starting out in grilling and roasting. I can't say that it is an excellent smoker because I have done any real smoking in it as of yet. (I have throw a few apple wood chips in the smoker box while grilling chicken tenderloin. I gave the meat a wonderful campfire-like flavor)

P.S. this is NOT an advertisement by a paid or unpaid person

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky