Great to find this forum!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jwkenny

Original poster
Jun 27, 2017
Kansas
I'm new to the Forum. I also hope I'm posting this is the correct spot?

I live in the north eastern part of Kansas. I'm new to smoking in general. I was gifted an inexpensive bullet smoker a number of years back. Never took the time to look into what it would take to get it set up and smoking. However, our last kid's headed off to college so I've decided to pull the smoker out and start learning.

I've already "cured" the smoker twice (once to burn out the oils and again with veg oil, wood and seasoning to try to build up a little flavor). I've already learned some lessons and just starting to understand how to manage the fire to maintain the desired temp. Learning about the smokers temp gauge indicator vs my remote thermometer, etc. Tricky in this entry level Smoker but a fun process to play with. I figure if I can both learn how to achieve good meat and still enjoy the process with this device, then I'll invest in the next step (probably a WSM). Who knows beyond that.

I anticipate trying my first full smoking this weekend. Starting with a couple racks of babyback ribs I believe.

I look forward to reading all the user posts and other helpful forum info. Thanks.

Welcome to the board! It's thoughtful of you to not smoke in front of the children *G*

Use the Search here to look up your model of smoker and see how people use them. Every type has its quirks. The WSM comes highly recommended; I've never used one but I've done many good smokes with their regular kettles.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky