Go Get One... Standing Rib Roast On Sale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
Publix has the Standing Rib Roast on sale... $6.99 lb ... Got me a 3 bone roast yesterday... was thinking about dry aging it... What says y'all ??

Reactions: MJB05615
Nice price, I wish we had a Publix around here. I was able to score a nice ham for .63/lb the other day at Hannafords.

Chris

Hannafords, Price Chopper and a Shaws are our choices. Some weeks you have to visit all three to do your shopping.

Chris

I couldn't resist. I still have a 4 bone in the freezer. This one was around 9lb. I'll pull the ribs off and smoke them then cut the roast into steaks. This time I checked and got one that was well marbled.

I can't pass up a deal that only comes 2 times a year.

I grabbed 2 Rib Roasts yesterday at Publix. Nice sale for once.

Damn you or thank you! Getting some color. Clearly in the Southern Hemisphere.
8F7CBC28-DF43-4E3C-9EA8-4B46F4918CE7.jpeg

Reactions: sandyut and bauchjw
They are sale here this week for $4.99/lb or $5.99lb for angus, gong to try and grab several

The Publix I stopped at yesterday had some out but they were all pretty skimpy in the fat so I passed. I like a fattier center cut myself (unless it's for shaved steak sandwiches - which I wish I'd thought about in the moment.....) No fear on getting one, there are 2 close to work and sale runs til Tuesday!

Now I'm REALLY craving a cheesesteak, or 3

We used to have one right down the street. It closed a few years back. Cool to see them still open in places though.

ShopRite, seems they are in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
ShopRite, that brings back memories. Glad they're still in business. That was my Families' go to grocery store growing up in NJ.

Reactions: clifish
I knew Waldbauns were gone, surprised Pathmark is gone, they were big. My Brother still living in NJ, goes to Acme now. wonder if Foodtown still in business?

I knew Waldbauns were gone, surprised Pathmark is gone, they were big. My Brother still living in NJ, goes to Acme now. wonder if Foodtown still in business?
neither of those are around here as far as I know, just shoprite, stop and shop, Aldi, Lidele, trader Joe, whole foods, best yet, north shore farms, meat farms, restaurant depot, costco, BJ's, ...I am sure I am missing some. All these are 10 minutes or less from me. That will be the hardest if we move down south, I don't think I will have availability like this unless I am near a city and I don't want to be.

Just this past weekend we were at the PA house and the nearest food store is 45 minutes away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky