Get together in Pa **** date has been set. Oct 6-8 ******

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a great recipe for Kabanosy, Kielbasa Snack Sticks. Didn't know how many of you guys ever had real Polish sausage. This stuff is good hot,cold or dried.
I spoke to JckDanls 07 about their gatherings. Keith said folks just make what they want and when. This provides a. Grand Buffet for each meal. They post their food plans so 5 guys are not making pulled pork for the same dinner. I think this is a good idea. Gives several items to taste and one person is not cooking huge batches to feed the whole crew.

Sounds like a weekend of continuous cooking and feasting. Between meals, snacking in between, talking about smoking and joking around, this is going to be a crazy good time...JJ

Thats the plan a great time and fun making something would be great.

Likewise I said we need to make a list of things needed and a menu so to speak.

Warren

Agreed...one thing l been dying to try is Taylor's Ham, aka Pork Roll. Can't get it locally and my daughter, farther east, does not visit more than a couple times a year. This would be a good group effort and the the Official NJ State Sandwich of Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese would be a great Sunday Breakfast. I will making an Eggless dessert that Adam's boy can eat as well....JJ

I have a small stuffer and grinder to use JJ.

I have:
Weber Gas Grill
New Braunfels Horizontal Offset Stick Smoker

I could load both of these plus wood and a fire pit into the back of my truck and then everything else into the wife's vehicle.

As for a menu, etc... I'm fine with anything. I can take responsibility for something and pick it up or simply chip in when we get there.

C Farmer has said we must have some rules to follow and here they are. WE must honor his wishes remember he has offered his place for us to gather.

nonono2.gif

nonono2.gif

nonono2.gif

#1. We are the property owners guest and are expected to treat it with respect.

#2. There shall be no damage incurred to the property or any buildings thereon.

#3. There shall be no discharge of any fire arms of any type or any type of fire works.

#4. Everyone is to bring all types of beverages for their family including adult drinks,

if you wish to share with others that is your choice.

#5. We are expected to leave the property in as clean of order as we found it.

#6. Everyone is expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner, anyone out of

control from adult beverages or otherwise we be asked to pack and leave immediately.

Again our thanks and respect goes out to C farmer and family for their offer of the use of their property.

Warren

The gatherings the guys and l had in our 20's, everyone one of those rules would have been broken to some extent. At 55, l'm long past getting drunk and stupid. Too much beer and prostate issues would mean more Peeing than eating and enjoying the company. And as a Chef and married man, l know there is hell to pay if l don't clean as l go. Bev is a sweety and does not mind dishes after a meal but does not tolerate a trashed kitchen from me being lazy.
Adam is being very generous. He deserves our thanks and respect. I will add...Anybody that gets out of hand and gets tossed from the property will also be banned from SMF. We don't treat each other with disrespect...JJ

I will be running an updated list of those who are coming and a list of menu items you are bringing. need for you to either post it on this forum or send me a pm.

HalfSmoked ( Warren )

I figure l will bring everything l need for an entree and one side plus a dessert or two...JJ

I'll bring my stick burner but please understand that I have more learning to do than offering at this get together.
No worries.  Maybe we can help you learn. 

Just bring a side dish, or meat to cook.

But still bring the stick burner right?

I make some pretty good beans which is Gary's recipe. Also some homemade BBQ sauces.

My wife also is an amazing cook and baker. She makes an amazing coleslaw.

As far as meat, you'd have to let me know what you'd want me to bring.

I know its very early on planning stuff to bring but.....

We are working to building a list of food that people is going to bring.  

Warren already said to pm him with food ideas.

What I feel we need to canopys.    There isn't a lot of shade.  I posted pics of the land I will be hosting this at.

If people have them 8x8, 10x 10, 12x12 canopys they can brine it would be great, also any folding tables.

The house as a 2 car garage we can use for electricy.   Grinders or warmers.

I am really happy this is going to happen, I just hope it all goes well and everyone enjoys themselves.

I have a canopy and several folding tables. I also have some rolls of plastic table covering and big rolls of foyal. Depending on what everyone want to eat I can bring a pork butt, turkey, brisket or some other cut of meat. I could do some mac n cheese or other side. I will try to bring a variety of cheese to smoke. I also have a decent amount of wood apple, oak and apricot. Just let me know what you want me to bring.

I have a canopy and several folding tables. I also have some rolls of plastic table covering and big rolls of foyal. Depending on what everyone want to eat I can bring a pork butt, turkey, brisket or some other cut of meat. I could do some mac n cheese or other side. I will try to bring a variety of cheese to smoke. I also have a decent amount of wood apple, oak and apricot. Just let me know what you want me to bring.
The canopys and tables I don't think we can have enough of. 

Please bring apricot, never tired it.

I will have plenty of oak to use.  Farm is full of oak.

The smokers I have to use are a 30" MES, mini wsm, UDS, my wood burning rottisure, and a sfb vertical that also runs on propane.

I will be starting the list of who's coming and a menu soon. I waiting for the next page to start then it will be the page to go to to see updates.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky