General Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking in ft. collins

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Posted in the Beef section but should go here.

I have a GMG Daniel Boone that I started a smoke on last night at 12:30AM. It is now 7:30AM and the Brisket has an IT of 157* and the Shoulder has an IT of 161*.

I have and A-Maze-N tube smoker that I started up last night at 12:30 but unfortunately it went out relatively quickly.

So, given that I want to foil the shoulder at 165* and the brisket at 170* and they have been on for 7 hours, does it make any sense to try to light the tube smoker back up? Will the meat absorb any smoke at this point?

If you foil, no additional smoke flavor will be added.

my advice
re-light the tube, get smoker back up to temp, and wait out the stall. it still may be a few hours before you get up to the temp you you want to foil at.

I moved this to the beef section. You did not specify whether it was a beef shoulder or a pork shoulder or a lamb shoulder or a veal shoulder; just 'shoulder' so I referenced it as a beef shoulder. My apologies, but please be more specific what you're talking about here on in.

What temp are you cooking at?. I've got a Green Mountain grill DB also. My set temp is 20+ higher then actual.
I use a expanding tube for every cook. Never had it go out, but I only use it at temps lower then 300*

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky