Garlic Summer Sausage

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by nepas, Dec 5, 2017.

1. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Doing 5lbs with Owens BBQ Garlic SS mix and cure.

Raining so in the fridge for tomorrow.

owengar.jpg

obbqgss.jpg

I am not using much water these days. Find that running my gloved hands under the water then mixing is perfect.

mixedobbqgss2.jpg

2. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

well ok then... will be watching for my sample to arrive in the mail (since you have my addy.. LOL)... this aughta be good (as usual) ...

3. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

N, you are on a roll ! :)

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks good so far as usual Rick!
    Al

5. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks everyone

Time to stuff.
    gssuff.jpg

Ahhh even a baby chub.
    gsschubz.jpg

Now let the chubs rest at room temp for an hour. No my items do not touch the sides of my shower.
    gsshangdry.jpg

Cool AC blowing on the chubs.
    ACvent.jpg

6. halfsmoked

halfsmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Waiting will you have time before Christmas to get them shipped I'll send my address.

Warren

By the way just posted the dates for the 2018 PA Gathering.

7. nepas

Haha you funny guys.

I may not make the 2018 PA gathering. Hope to be living in Germany by then..Fingers Xd

Hanging and ready for some smoke.
    ogsstsm.jpg

8. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looking good Rick,,, looking good I need to start doing more sausage,,, too many dang projects going one LOL

9. halfsmoked

Hey you can't take that to Germany so!! I'm waiting.

Warren

10. nepas

Oh yeah i can...Lol
    Smoker, stuffers, grinders. We are going with a sea van for our stuff.

Finally garlic SS is done. Pulled from smoke with an IT of 150* No cold water, they will IT to 152* on their own. Long time in smoker, Pretty humid and the wind was up some. Messed with my smoker...EH. garss8.jpg

11. nepas

Hung all night, now brown bag and fridge.

garss9.jpg

halfsmoked likes this.
  12. halfsmoked

Looks great need to start learning how to do some of this. getting a jerky gun from Santa that's a start I think?
    When you leave on your trip? Hope you have a great time.

Warren

13. nepas

Garlic Summer Sausage is cut, taste great and vac sealed. The mix is from Owens BBQ. Garlic SS. A+
    I didnt feel like getting the chamber sealer out so just used the reg machine.

ogarss8.jpg

ogarss9.jpg

ogarss10.jpg

ogarss12.jpg

ogarss13.jpg

ogarss14.jpg