Fresh Organic Habanero Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
Just picked - time for some skinless boneless chicken thighs with habaneros...

IMG_1813.JPG

Those are the first ripe peppers. I only have one plant but there are quite a few peppers on it - enough to get me a few jars of hot sauce.

I am going to start some ghost peppers today - sort of a fall crop experiment like many folks here in the ninth circle of hell do with tomatoes. The idea is the plants grow while it is too hot to set fruit anyway, and by the time the temps cool down the plant is ready to set fruit and hopefully ripen before any frost get the plants.

We'll see how it goes.

Those are the first ripe peppers. I only have one plant but there are quite a few peppers on it - enough to get me a few jars of hot sauce.

I am going to start some ghost peppers today - sort of a fall crop experiment like many folks here in the ninth circle of hell do with tomatoes. The idea is the plants grow while it is too hot to set fruit anyway, and by the time the temps cool down the plant is ready to set fruit and hopefully ripen before any frost get the plants.

We'll see how it goes.
Holy moly! It's 91 in central IL. You're cookin. No rain for a month and lots of Canadian smoke haze.

Reactions: Retired Spook
OK I just made my famous sauteed skinless boneless chicken thighs with onions, chunked garlic and hot peppers and man was that fricken awesome! Sorry no photos. Those habanero peppers are the best I ever had - wonderfully fragrant (similar to a ghost pepper in fact) and great tasting - and the skinless boneless chicken thighs stand up to the cook without turning into cardboard! Of course, I remove the seeds and the white membrane from the peppers so the heat is there but does not overpower everything else. What a great meal - I have to pat myself on the back!

Reactions: jcam222 and 02ebz06
OK I just made my famous sauteed skinless boneless chicken thighs with onions, chunked garlic and hot peppers and man was that fricken awesome! Sorry no photos. Those habanero peppers are the best I ever had - wonderfully fragrant (similar to a ghost pepper in fact) and great tasting - and the skinless boneless chicken thighs stand up to the cook without turning into cardboard! Of course, I remove the seeds and the white membrane from the peppers so the heat is there but does not overpower everything else. What a great meal - I have to pat myself on the back!
Trying to figure out what to make with some boneless thighs. This sounds good. Wish you had pictures!

Reactions: Retired Spook
Trying to figure out what to make with some boneless thighs. This sounds good. Wish you had pictures!
It's just a bachelor meal I invented one day because I had boneless skinless chicken thighs, yellow onions, and habaneros :emoji_laughing:

I bet some green/red peppers would go well with it!

I have tons of pods on my plants with very few turning color still. I do have a few scorpions I'll harvest in a couple days and this first Coyote Zan White. Only one of those plants survived. Small white peppers that are supposed to be heat comparable to habanero
1000004909-01.jpeg
and very fruity.

Reactions: mlh5953 and dr k
I have tons of pods on my plants with very few turning color still. I do have a few scorpions I'll harvest in a couple days and this first Coyote Zan White. Only one of those plants survived. Small white peppers that are supposed to be heat comparable to habanero View attachment 673857and very fruity.
I just picked the first Trinidad Scorpion. Had a later start this year. 80 day wait. It's growing at GF house this year with her tomatoes, bell peppers, Jalapeños and some smaller red Asian pepper like the one in your hand that grows straight up. Maybe a Thai chili. I just wanted one TS plant for a hot sauce ferment. I haven't grown super hots since 2019 since I have so many dried pods and powders of ghosts, CR and Choc Habs.

Reactions: chopsaw and jcam222
I just picked the first Trinidad Scorpion. Had a later start this year. 80 day wait. It's growing at GF house this year with her tomatoes, bell peppers, Jalapeños and some smaller red Asian pepper like the one in your hand that grows straight up. Maybe a Thai chili. I just wanted one TS plant for a hot sauce ferment. I haven't grown super hots since 2019 since I have so many dried pods and powders of ghosts, CR and Choc Habs.
I have 3 chocolat hab plants. Not nearly as prolific as th red savine but a fair amount on them. Really looking forward to those.

Reactions: dr k
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky