Free Bacon!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I know I Loved Sir Francis Bacon when we raised him.
I treated him like a pet, scratched his belly often every day, fed him well.
He was intelligent, too.

Growing meat is a lot like growing anything else, takes time, care, and proper feeding.
Our Butcher always marveled at how our meat animals were lead to slaughter on a leash.
The kids were told we were raising them for meat, but we could treat them with respect, too.

The Chinese eat dog meat. Not something I think I could do.
But then, there are people that think us eating pigs is atrocious.
Or Beef is sacrilege.
And vegans think we are all heathens.

When I burned out on the work it took, and the lack of help I got, I just resigned myself to making money and buying what I wanted to eat. Kind of like Carnation evaporated milk.
Carnation Milk, Best in the Land,
Comes to You in a little round can,
No Tea_ _ (utters) to squeeze,
No hay to pitch,
You just poke a Hole,
In the SO_ (can)

Yeah, I gave up and surrendered to pushing the Mill Wheel again, until I could retire.
You know what retirement is? It's the time in life where you have out lived your usefulness, but you aren't quite dead yet.
So you Bar-B-Que. And you have fun making folks you never met laugh and feel good. Then you die.
But unlike that Pig, or Beef, nobody eats whats left.
So I fish and hunt at stores. And always get my limit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky