Food Warmer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Flatrate

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 8, 2015
Michigan
About two months ago I stumbled across a video on YouTube talking about a food warmer. I thought thats kinda nifty, I didn't know smaller affordable ones for home use were a thing. Then I saw another video from a different guy talking about the use of warmers for BBQ, his got me really thinking about it. Not only the thought of being able to rest meat in it, I could also use it to hold extra pans of other dishes that could go right into one of my countertop food warmer/servers. I really feel they will jive together well.

Also in the recent past here on SMF I was seeing things pop up about resting, coolers, ovens, towels, Cambro's, etc. Well this all pushed me over the edge. I had a birthday in April and asked for Amazon gift cards. Between my lovely girlfriend and her parents generosity I got the bulk of what I needed to make it happen. So the trigger got pulled.

I didn't take many pictures but here are a few.

It was packaged very well.
tn_IMG_1431.JPG

Out of the box it is rapped with a protective film, and I got some warnings from reviews and they were right, this stuff is a pain to get off.
tn_IMG_1432.JPG

I spent about 3 hours dealing with this stuff. And still not perfect.
tn_IMG_1444.JPG

The controls a pretty straight forward.
tn_IMG_1436.JPG

One thing I thought about before ever taking it out of the box was the cord, the idea of maybe wiring a longer power cord. I got a nice surprise as I already have multiple lengths of cord that plug right in.
tn_IMG_1438.JPG

Stainless exterior and interior.

tn_IMG_1442.JPG

tn_IMG_1439.JPG

tn_IMG_1443.JPG

Overall I am very pleased with the build quality and its pretty light and doesn't feel flimsy. I did a dry run with it for 3 hours and it held a temp of 150 within 1-3 degrees steady the whole time. The shelfs slide in and are made of aluminum.

The only downfall (for me) was with all the shelfs in you can only fit a 2 1/2" tall pan in with a little more room on the top, about 3 1/2" total. I have 4" pans, so going to get some shorter ones just in case. I don't see trying to really pack this thing full, but you never know.

For a little while now I've been looking for ideas to up my food holding/service game and I think this will help. I posted this just for anyone else living under a rock (like myself) and didn't know they existed. This post was for informational purpose, and not to enable!

Have a great weekend!
Dave

Great looking unit. Looked at the link, price isnt too bad. And as a side note, I love how they just photoshop some food into the pictures. And not even well. :emoji_laughing:
Look forward to seeing how well you like it.

Jim

Reactions: Flatrate
Great looking unit. Looked at the link, price isnt too bad. And as a side note, I love how they just photoshop some food into the pictures. And not even well. :emoji_laughing:
Look forward to seeing how well you like it.

Jim
I thought the price was pretty fair too! Yeah the photos are a joke lol.

Dave

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great Dave, that would come in handy for some get togethers and many other things also.

( they only want $525 - $734 up here on this side of the border. Someone is messy with the exchange rate, as its bad , just not that bad. ) LOL

David

That sure would come in handy for holidays and parties, but it's too large for indoor living at our house. I wonder how well it would work in the garage during the winter months.

Thanks for tip Dave.

Chris

Looks great Dave, that would come in handy for some get togethers and many other things also.

( they only want $525 - $734 up here on this side of the border. Someone is messy with the exchange rate, as its bad , just not that bad. ) LOL

David
I think so too. My purpose for it is for if I need to put a long rest on something or as you said get togethers. Wow I had no idea of the price on your side, crazy!

Dave

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That sure would come in handy for holidays and parties, but it's too large for indoor living at our house. I wonder how well it would work in the garage during the winter months.

Thanks for tip Dave.

Chris
Thats the plan Chris. I agree its a decent sized unit and would never be set as a permanent fixture in home. It will spend most of its time in my storage room with my other goodies, but will place it in my utility room or garage when needed to use.

I thought about the garage in the winter months too, I don't know yet, but next winter I'll give it a test. Also after reading your comment, it gave me an idea. I might source out someone with some sewing skills and have an insulated cover made for it. As long as it doesn't block the bottom of the unit as that where it gets air from I don't see a problem. This might aid it in a colder environment.

Dave

I think so too. My purpose for it is for if I need to put a long rest on something or as you said get togethers. Wow I had no idea of the price on your side, crazy!

Dave

Yes it is stupid, the exchange is not as bad as what their markup is .
Cast iron pots and pans are even worse. Maybe they mark it way up for the FREE shipping. LOL

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky