• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First try a boudin

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
Apr 4, 2013
Nice looking links, methinks you've made sausage before.

Smells delightful, If I had a cold longneck, I'd be all over them.

Each person has their own perfect boudin recipe. Its locked away in your mind's eye. Me, I like more rice, it really was like peasant food when I was a kid. 'Course crawfish boudin you could cheap anywhere over the meat counter... now you need a second mortgage if you can't make your own. LOL

I wanta know did ya taste the liver in your boudin?? Was it really predominate?

b-demented

Sep 24, 2015
Thanks yall. Yeah I've definitely made some some sausage before lol. On this one I started out with miss Kays recipe and added a few changes of my own and I'll probably add a few more next time. The liver I fried up in bacon grease before boiling it and it still tasted terrible but once it was ground together and seasoned I couldn't tell it was in there. I need a little more heat next time I think it tasted a little too much like stuffing. Granted it was The best stuffing I've ever had. I will probably add some jalapeños next time to add a little heat and flavor. My wife won't eat it she says the texture is too weird I just say more for me!

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
That is a fine job of linking.I just did Boudin about a month ago.

Richie

b-demented

Sep 24, 2015
I had a problem with my links wanting to bust. I think it was probably because the mixture was still pretty warm when I stuffed it. I think I'll put it in the fridge for a while before stuffing next time and see if that helps.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
I had a problem with my links wanting to bust. I think it was probably because the mixture was still pretty warm when I stuffed it. I think I'll put it in the fridge for a while before stuffing next time and see if that helps.
I soak the casing over night and longer if I plan ahead.

Richie

b-demented

Sep 24, 2015
Do you soak overnight for everything? I've never had that problem when using cold meat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky