First time Pepperoni...My Method???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

handcannon32x

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Jacksonville, Iowa
Hey guys.  So it has been awhile since I have put anything up here so Im gonna give Pepperoni a try.  This is how I am planning on doing it and I am looking for insight from all of you and maybe how I can change some stuff if need to be. 

Im gonna make 5 pounds of it.  Im planning on mixing it 80% Meat, 20% Fat.  I will use 4 pounds of extra lean ground beef and 1 pound of pork fat.  For the seasoning, I picked up a package of Lem's Backwoods Pepperoni Seasoning.  I'll grind the meat and fat to mix that all together and then mix the seasoning and run it through the grinder one more time.  I will either stuff it into the casings that same day or next day, Havent decided yet.  Once it is stuff, I am planning on smoking it.  I plan on starting it at 130 degrees to help dry it out and every hour, bump it up 10 degrees until it gets to 170.  I will smoke it until it gets a an IT of 156 degrees and then I will pull it and cool it off quick.  I will let it rest over night and slice it the next day.   How does all this sound?  Does it sound like I will be going about it the right way?  Thanks.

And P.S.  There will be a Q View to come. 

Sounds like a great plan. I'm sure the kit has cure included. If it doesnt, you will need to add it

Joe

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky