FIRST TIME CHUCK EYE STEAKS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do,  Be watching for them

Gary

It's hard to beat chuck eye steaks for value, flavor, and tenderness.  Seems like word got out about these common man filet mignons a couple years ago when beef prices soared.  I used to buy them all the time for $3.99 to $4.99/lb.  Now I never see them and when I do they are $7.99/lb or higher. 

Thanks Disco, We had some again last night, they were not quite as tender, but had more marbling ???

Gary

FOLLOW UP -----

My wife's best friend came down for the weekend, so we had our Mothers day dinner Saturday Night. Chuck Eyes, Shrimp, Ribs, Baked Potato and Beans.

I fired up the ECB (Bottom Part) to cook over Charcoal and Hickory. Everything turned out great.  ------ BUT !   I was disappointed in the Chuck Eye's. I had saved the best looking ones with the most marbling for that night. They really were good looking steaks. Mine was not near as tender as I was expecting, asked my wife she said the same thing. Now in saying that, for for the difference in price I really couldn't gripe.

Another But !!!  When I was at the Store Saturday morning I checked the regular price on the Chuck Eyes $6.99 lb.  At that price I will stick with Ribeye's now if they run them on sale I Would buy some more.

The Flavor is great, really can't tell the difference, the texture is slightly different, and the first one I did were very tender. 

Just wanted to do a follow up to be fair

Gary

Looks good...JJ

Last edited:
This should have been posted in Beef     My Bad    Sorry

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky