Idaho winter steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Pigfarmin101

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 3, 2023
Idaho
Smoked some reverse sear steaks today. Sirloin and ribeye (not happy with my butchers cuts, too thin). Stuck inside since idaho threw some snow at us. Smoker was at 200, threw an spg mix on em
4FAC5FB3-98C3-4684-99FB-6FC8B148677D.jpeg
Smoked till about 110-115 degrees internal
DB42B5BB-7931-46AC-B546-DA9F3DE66F92.jpeg
Pulled, cranked to 450 degrees, threw em in the flame for 45 seconds a side
26A99616-A7CD-4199-8C55-1597E411FFC5.jpeg
2E0D1171-41CC-4887-81DB-FAF86852183E.jpeg
0D3BCFEF-85B1-4797-BE1C-B24ACCACA6F7.jpeg
Rested and ate.
7C0DEA9E-6F4A-4D71-8A03-5DE0B99C3F3C.jpeg
BF36247A-A3DD-4524-BA9B-61A68C3D275C.jpeg
59BB0E19-1C92-450C-A17A-78E6EFABBF51.jpeg
Idaho lunch at its finest! Too bad we didn’t have potatos 😂

Last edited:
As close to perfect as you can ask for. When the beef looks that darn good you dont need a potato.

Jim

Thats my kind of meal..... Ribeye's with a side of sirloins .....LOL Idaho Beef is higher on the export list than potato's so you have the right order......

PS that is a nice looking knife you have in the pic as well.....

Thats my kind of meal..... Ribeye's with a side of sirloins .....LOL Idaho Beef is higher on the export list than potato's so you have the right order......

PS that is a nice looking knife you have in the pic as well.....
I didn’t know that! I don’t even know if I’ve seen a potato farm, and I’ve lived here my whole life haha. Knife brand is aikido. Love them so far, little spendy but still super sharp after a couple months of good use

I didn’t know that! I don’t even know if I’ve seen a potato farm, and I’ve lived here my whole life haha. Knife brand is aikido. Love them so far, little spendy but still super sharp after a couple months of good use
Just some FYI, Agri the parent company of RR ranch and SRF wagyu beef was founded in eastern Idaho. The SRF wagyu bull program is center in the nampa/caldwell area. Agri beef won beef producer of the century a little bit ago…..

There are spuds and beef all around….if you know were to look 😉

Oh and memory chips, computer parts, solar components and semi conductors are Idahos top exports….. beef and spuds and down the list a ways…..

Idaho is also a big friggen deal for barley and hops too :)

#1 and #2 respectfully.

-a fellow idahoan (who's looking for a WSM).

Nice looking batch of steaks.

You sure no one around there grows any potatoes, lol

David
Just some FYI, Agri the parent company of RR ranch and SRF wagyu beef was founded in eastern Idaho. The SRF wagyu bull program is center in the nampa/caldwell area. Agri beef won beef producer of the century a little bit ago…..

There are spuds and beef all around….if you know were to look 😉

Oh and memory chips, computer parts, solar components and semi conductors are Idahos top exports….. beef and spuds and down the list a ways…..
Yeah snake river farms is a big producer around here. Also I may look for beef, but potatoes are lower on my list for sure. Maybe I lack a great way to add smoke flavor to them 😂

#1 and #2 respectfully.

#1 and #2 respectfully.

Well yeah cause we gotta feed our pigs while we drink beer 😂

Smoked some reverse sear steaks today. Sirloin and ribeye (not happy with my butchers cuts, too thin). Stuck inside since idaho threw some snow at us. Smoker was at 200, threw an spg mix on emView attachment 682499 Smoked till about 110-115 degrees internalView attachment 682500Pulled, cranked to 450 degrees, threw em in the flame for 45 seconds a side View attachment 682501View attachment 682502View attachment 682503Rested and ate.View attachment 682504 View attachment 682505View attachment 682506Idaho lunch at its finest! Too bad we didn’t have potatos 😂
messa good looking grub. frying some NY strips tomorrow

Reactions: Pigfarmin101
Yeah snake river farms is a big producer around here. Also I may look for beef, but potatoes are lower on my list for sure. Maybe I lack a great way to add smoke flavor to them 😂
I'll often bake a few potatoes on the smoker while I'm cooking the protein. Just throw them on a rack and leave 'em alone for a few hours. They pick up a subtle smokiness that is just wonderful

I'm a native of southern Idaho (we didn't grow potatoes on the family farm, though), working to move back to northern Idaho in the spring.

Those steaks look mighty good from where I'm sitting.

Point for sure
Chris

I'll often bake a few potatoes on the smoker while I'm cooking the protein. Just throw them on a rack and leave 'em alone for a few hours. They pick up a subtle smokiness that is just wonderful

I'm a native of southern Idaho (we didn't grow potatoes on the family farm, though), working to move back to northern Idaho in the spring.

Boise and Moscow are def the two greatest places in Idaho.

100%. Eastern idaho is the worst. Driving there is completely draining since there's hundreds of miles of nothing!

And no offense to anyone from Pocatello, but it felt icky and I was glad to get out of there during a brief stop.

• Haha
Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky