First Smoke in my MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdmarti1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
I seasoned it this week, and lit it today (whoops - plugged it in).  I tried to use an over thermo in it, and found out it was way way off (the oven thermo).  Quickly I grabbed my meat thermo and threw it in for a quick check.  The MES said it was at 230, and the meat thermo only goes to 220.  It went a bit above the 220 - so for today I'm trusting the MES is close.  I brined some thighs and legs in salt, sugar, lemon, and lime juice for a couple of hours, and then put them in a coating of oil, and brown sugar.  Threw in some eggs to try out deviled eggs - and set the temp to 225.  Been hanging steady for over an hour and a half.  I was impressed how quickly it recovered after I loaded it down.  I was very happy.  I may really end up loving this purchase...

Finished eggs-the jalapeno's on top are for me.  If these taste good, I may be making a full order of deviled eggs tomorrow...

Looks Yummy. 
drool.gif

Care to share your Egg recipe

Egg recipe is just a normal deviled egg (I use a lot of creamy horseradish in mine with very little mustard).  I saw them here in SMF-and had to try to smoke an egg.  I was amazed.  I never thought of taking an egg from the fridge and putting it in the smoker.  Till I saw this forum!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky