First Salmon a success

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeff hawthorn

Original poster
Nov 27, 2015
Thornville Ohio
I would have to mention to many people to say thanks to all of the threads I read about smoking salmon so thank you to the members of the Smoking Meat Forums. I read a ton and watched just as many vids what I wasn't ready for was the price ranges of the salmon. It was from 3.99 10 12.99 wow I opted for the 3.99 and it still came out of the butchers case, I could see a noticeable color difference.    I used the basic 4 to 1 and it worked just as I had read and seen in vids, I did have to flip it and mix the concoction a few times, but it turned a beautiful color stiffened up and then got the lil film on it, I was a lil worried about that part for some reason, no reason to be though. I didnt have a silicone mat to put it on so I plopped em strait on the grates and got my alder chips to smoking, 2 hrs later I forget the temp but keeping my new Masterbuilt Pro 2 door smoker at such a low temp was fun glad I had played with it half a dozen times before, first run with the Ivation dual probe, wireless thermometer it is worth its weight 3 times in gold it allowed me to watch the temp with confidence. I believe my finishing temp was 150, my daughter and I tried it with some hesitation but it was wonderful. That was xmas eve. I played with the new thermometer and figured out how to do more then just watch the temps with it. Following day was Christmas I made a salmon dip that was good but the family went strait for the salmon with a splash of teriyaki. I will get pics on the next smoke but I have another story about my standing rib roast, ill just say xmas dinner was delicius.  

Jeff,

Congrats on a successful salmon smoke, but next time.......we needs pics, otherwise
worthless.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky