Firehouse T-bones, Buck's World Famous Onions, and Baked Parmesan Asparagus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
IMG_20230615_174415.jpg

Got the call around 2pm today...."Hey, T-bones at the station tonight."

"Cool!"

The guys took care of supper for me tonight. Just posting this so you guys know it is a two-way street. They cook for me, I cook for them. And if you have never had a Buck's World Famous Onion....man you talk about awesome on top of a steak!!!
IMG_20230615_174423.jpg

That looks awesome .
Thanks Chop!

Looks delicious. You should get them to sign up for smf so they can post more of these delicious looking meals.
Hmmm... doubt that will happen, but I'll mention it. They will be off for 4 days then back on next Tuesday.....venison tostadas, Mexican street corn, Queso, and all the fixins. I'm bring ing homemade salsa with chips....and probably a small board with some mexican chorizo and aged cheddar.

Then Thursday I'm doing smoked roast beef poboys with Chef jimmyj's Smokey Au Jus.....

Reactions: chilerelleno
Thanks Chop!

Hmmm... doubt that will happen, but I'll mention it. They will be off for 4 days then back on next Tuesday.....venison tostadas, Mexican street corn, Queso, and all the fixins. I'm bring ing homemade salsa with chips....and probably a small board with some mexican chorizo and aged cheddar.

Then Thursday I'm doing smoked roast beef poboys with Chef jimmyj's Smokey Au Jus.....
Sounds like they’ve definitely got some skills

Reactions: flatbroke
Good looking meal. Can you expand on the onions?
Been trying to find the file I have the recipe in...no luck. I have been making them off the top of my head for so long I never use the recipe anymore. But it would have saved me some typing...

For every medium size onion you make, you need:
1TBSP. unsalted butter (important!)
1 tsp. B&V broth and sauce
7a-44af5e56a28d_1.ecf4aac5edf654d9c24dda0bf2802657.jpg

1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 square aluminum foil about 12" x12"

To Cook:
Pre heat oven or grill/smoker to 325~350*F

Peel the onions. They MUST BE Vidalia onions! You need that flat wide base on the onion, and these are super sweet.
cut the top off, then take a teaspoon or a sharp pairing knife and hollow out a cone about 1" wide, 1" deep in the top of the onion. This is the pocket you will add the ingredients....first the B&V, then the Worcster sauce, then mash the pat of butter flat on top. Place each onion on the foil, pull up the edges then twist close. Bake on a sheet pan 1 hour. You want the onions to be super soft and slightly carmelized. You should be able to squeeze one with little to no resistance.

Been trying to find the file I have the recipe in...no luck. I have been making them off the top of my head for so long I never use the recipe anymore. But it would have saved me some typing...

For every onion you make, you need:
1TBSP. unsalted butter (important!)
1 tsp. B&V broth and sauce
View attachment 668022

1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 square aluminum foil about 12" x12"

To Cook:
Pre heat oven or grill/smoker to 325~350*F

Peel the onions. They MUST BE Vidalia onions! You need that flat wide base on the onion, and these are super sweet.
cut the top off, then take a teaspoon or a sharp pairing knife and hollow out a cone about 1" wide, 1" deep in the top of the onion. This is the pocket you will add the ingredients....first the B&V, then the Worcster sauce, then mash the pat of butter flat on top. Place each onion on the foil, pull up the edges then twist close. Bake on a sheet pan 1 hour. You want the onions to be super soft and slightly carmelized. You should be able to squeeze one with little to no resistance.
My neighbor makes these' they are the bomb

Everything looks fantastic, Keith! I have done some smoked onions, but not that exact recipe. I will definitely be trying the onion recipe, though ........ they look awesome.

If you can't find the B&V, you can sub in better than bullion beef. only use 1/2tsp. of that though. But the B&V is much better for this.
I was going to ask the same. I can't the B&V up here. And online it is stupid $$
That meal looks amazing!

Looks delicious ! I see a panic starting... there's a run on Vidalia onions! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Killer meal Keith. Great bunch of folks there. Even amazon out of the B&V broth and sauce but I will be making these.
It's out there. Just too rich for my blood.

• Wow
Reactions: mike243
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky