Finally pulled the trigger on my new smoker - BELL FAB!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi Red,
No. It hasn't made it yet. Plus I'm now in Florida all week for work so I probably won't see it till next week. I found my first project. I just heard about Salmon candy. I think I'll try that. Starting to research now.
I'll keep you posted.
Happy New Year?

Hi Red,
No. It hasn't made it yet. Plus I'm now in Florida all week for work so I probably won't see it till next week. I found my first project. I just heard about Salmon candy. I think I'll try that. Starting to research now.
I'll keep you posted.
Happy New Year?
goodluck.gif

2thumbs.gif

Red

OK Folks, You are not going to believe this.  The smoker came yesterday.  The drive said that I needed to look at it before we unload.  I didn't like the sound of that and it turned out I was right in being concerned.  Apparently the smoker fell along the way.  The front was scratched and banged up.  a support was bent.  2 wheels were missing. The handle on the front was crushed and on and on.  

After Craig completed the smoker and dropped it off, there was a lot of confusion about who had and when it would arrive.  I should have realized something was up.

So now with Craig's more than willing help, we have to battle insurance companies.  This was so disappointing.  So now we move forward and order Smoker #2.  I think we'll be going bigger since the first one is already paid for, why not add a few bucks and really go for it.  lol  

You know what they say, The world gives you lemons, make a bigger smoker!  something like that.

That's heartbreaking, but it's also hard to believe, that that much damage could be done by just falling over.

It looks like it got hit by a train!

Al

That really sucks Rob!  I know how disappointed you must be, as anxiously as you've been waiting for your new smoker.  That freight company needs to be taken to the woodshed!  I'm with Al...that looks like too much damage to have just fallen over.  

I'm not surprised to hear that Craig Bell is gonna do what he can to help make it right.  I'm sure this really annoys him...I'll bet he never uses that shipping company again!

Red

Just caught on to this and for sure it's very disappointing. wow hope it all works out for you. Fighting shipping co is a very hugh pain in the ---. Good luck

Warren

Well that certainly sucks, Looks like it was rough handled with the help of a forklift is my guess. Keep us posted on the next one. I am very curious now.

Heartbreaking to say the least but like I said, Craig is helping in any way he can and after dealing with him for the past 2 months, I'm not shocked.  He is a stand up guy.

So I've already called the carrier who has to call the shipper told me not to hound them or they will sit on it and wait.  So I have to wait a week to talk to them.  I'm guessing it's 6 - 8 more weekend before I can get  my hands on another smoker from Craig between his schedule  and getting money back from the shipper.  I have an event at the end of the month and I was hoping to use the smoke to make some beef jerky.  

I'll let you folks know how things turn out.

Thanks for the comments. 

That sucks waiting that long for some idiots mess up to ruin it.

Lucky you are not in Argentina, my neighbor backed into the side of my truck and commpletely smashed both doors.  I have been fighting with his insurance for 5 months. Now the company has closed :(  .

Why not build and insulated smoker like my styles?  

Judging by the lack of grass in your pics it must be cold as hell there.   

That sucks waiting that long for some idiots mess up to ruin it.

Lucky you are not in Argentina, my neighbor backed into the side of my truck and commpletely smashed both doors.  I have been fighting with his insurance for 5 months. Now the company has closed :(  .

Why not build and insulated smoker like my styles?  

Judging by the lack of grass in your pics it must be cold as hell there.   
Thanks for the reply.  I'm sorry to hear about your truck.  Had something kinda similar happen to me last year except my van was hit when I was there and they took off,

I like the look of your smoker.  I am obviously planning a new build so can you please tell me about it so I can talk to Craig about it?  Any details will be appreciated.

I am with AL on this one.  There is no way that just fell.  My guess, it got hit with a fork lift  or was dropped from a loading dock.  Thats crap!  
I agree with you and AL also.  When I was up close, I could see how well Craig made that beast so I definitely agree, there was more then simply tipping over.  maybe it tipped over off the dock.

either way, I'm still fighting with the shipper and Carrier.  Since the Carrier is the one that did the final delivery they have to send it back to the shipping.  The shipper has to inspect it before they will do anything.  It's been 2 weeks and as far as I know, the shipper doesn't have it yet.

In the future, not sure how much the shipper was, but try 3pl with Fastenal.  They might save you a buck and are great when it comes to protecting product. 
Thanks.  I'll let Craig know if and when I get to the point of reordering my smoker.

I have been looking on Craigs list for over a year and today for the first time, I found 2 that looks good enough for now.  We'll see.

So, here is an update. I call the carrier every Monday.  They keep telling me the smoker has not been returned to them yet.  it's 4 weeks.  Then Craig calls me to let me know he was told it will be there Tuesday.  Not sure why they wouldn't tell me that but it's awesome that Craig has stayed that involved.  

I wasn't going to add anymore updates but I had to share this.

First off, still nothing changed with regards to me being reimbursed.  But to add insult to injury, I happened to be looking at my bank statement earlier this week and I found that they double billed me back in November and then they had the audacity to charge me again this month because someone wrote that the smoker weighted 1200 pounds so they adjusted my charge from about $00 to about $800.  Can you believe this?

I spoke with Craig today.  He spoke to the shipping company and they told him it could take a few weeks or a few months to get my check.  We both decided that I need the smoker so I will be designing a new smoker with him on Monday and when I get the check from the freight company I get the check.  I just have to layout the amount again plus shipping.  a big hit it's worth it 

I would tell them you are getting a lawyer involved, It sounds like they are taking you for a ride..... 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky