FINALLY did it!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

testar77

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Kennewick, Wa
After finally growing tired of trying to get my GMG JB to be a decent grill and spending months deciding....... I pulled the trigger today and bought myself a Yoder! Can't wait to get to smoking again. I also ordered a couple of Thermopro t20's

Is that the YS640?  Certainly looks impressive.  What specifically was wrong or just finicky with the Green Mountain?  I have a co-worker looking at getting a pellet grill and was considering Traeger or Green Mountain.  I've got no experience with pellet grills so it would be interesting to be able to steer him here to get some good pros and cons.

Yes that is the 640. The biggest problem I had with the GMG was soot....... lots of soot. Worked with customer service over the course of a year trying to get it resolved and finally gave up. There was more temperature variation throughout the grill surface than I liked but I could have worked with that. The soot I could not. IMO if it's something your buddy will use a lot tell him to buy the best he can afford.

Last edited:
Soot is bad eats.  Thanks for explaining. Buying the best one can afford is always good advice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky