FieldHouse Smokers Oyster Deluxe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okiesmokey

Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
Henryetta, OK
Hello all.  Received my new FieldHouse Smokers Oyster Deluxe late last week.  Spent last Saturday morning leveling and concreting it in its permanent home.  Sunday morning I sprayed the inside thoroughly with Pam and started a fire to season it in.  I used a mix of charcoal, pecan, hickory, and mesquite for the seasoning.  When the seasoning process was complete, I cleaned out the firebox and awaited Monday for my first meal off of the Oyster Deluxe (5.5 lb chicken hen, sausage, and baked beans).

Monday rolled around and everything went extremely well.  The fire was super easy to control and I maintained a constant temperature of around 230 degrees.  5 1/2 hours later the chicken and stuff was ready to come off the smoker.  It was absolutely delicious.

I know Mike is a member here of SMF, and I just want to say thanks again for being easy to work with during the build, making the changes I requested, and for building awesome, easy to use smokers.

Now for a few pics:

And a few obligatory pics of my "front yard" grilling area with a small Pilot Rock Park Style Charcoal Grill.  The big natural gas grill is out on the back deck.  LOL

Thanks all, and the 5 Day e-Course is awesome!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great set up for smoking and grilling - congrats on the new toy

Welcome to the forum!  Nice setup you have there!  I'll bet you can really get some fantastic meals out there.  That is a nifty looking smoker, never saw one like that.  Steve

Thanks everyone!  Yeah, I think we're going to get a lot of use out of the new smoker.  Next Tuesday or so I'm gonna' throw a slab of ribs and a brisket on.

I like the horseshoe motif too.........actually even the hinges on the rear of the top are horseshoes too.  The upper rack is 24"x24" and the lower rack is 19"x19", so a little less than 950 square inches of cooking surface.

It's perfect for us.......at least. 
yahoo.gif

That's different, pretty cool!...JJ

Thanks everyone!  Yeah, I think we're going to get a lot of use out of the new smoker.  Next Tuesday or so I'm gonna' throw a slab of ribs and a brisket on.

I like the horseshoe motif too.........actually even the hinges on the rear of the top are horseshoes too.  The upper rack is 24"x24" and the lower rack is 19"x19", so a little less than 950 square inches of cooking surface.

It's perfect for us.......at least. 
yahoo.gif
Glad to see you are enjoying the new smoker!  
I'm here in Norman and I've been stalking the FieldHouse Smokers for a little while now...  Only a matter of time before I pull the trigger.  lol

On the Oyster Deluxe, is there some sort of baffle or diffuser between the firebox and the grill area?  Of all the pics I can find on the internet, there isn't one that shows that in detail.

I'm here in Norman and I've been stalking the FieldHouse Smokers for a little while now...  Only a matter of time before I pull the trigger.  lol

On the Oyster Deluxe, is there some sort of baffle or diffuser between the firebox and the grill area?  Of all the pics I can find on the internet, there isn't one that shows that in detail.
Yes, there is a baffle between the firebox and the grill.  I'll see if I can take some pics of it soon and post them here, but be assured there is a baffle.

You won't be disappointed when you finally pull the trigger.  I couldn't be happier with ours, no muss, no fuss. 
biggrin.gif

Yes, there is a baffle between the firebox and the grill.  I'll see if I can take some pics of it soon and post them here, but be assured there is a baffle.

You won't be disappointed when you finally pull the trigger.  I couldn't be happier with ours, no muss, no fuss. 
biggrin.gif
Awesome.  Thanks for the info, and I'd love to see a pic if you can snap one at some point.

Oh, very nice...  so you could put a water pan right on top of the baffle in the middle and not lose a rack in the process.

Thanks for the pics.
You absolutely can.  I use a SS steam table pan ( half size and about 2 1/2" deep) and it fits perfect.

And if you're not using the lower rack you can place it there as well.

I've got a pork butt going on it in the morning about 6:00AM so expect some more pics.  LOL 
pepsi.gif

You absolutely can.  I use a SS steam table pan ( half size and about 2 1/2" deep) and it fits perfect.

And if you're not using the lower rack you can place it there as well.

I've got a pork butt going on it in the morning about 6:00AM so expect some more pics.  LOL 
pepsi.gif
Looking forward to see more pics.  Glad you are still enjoying the smoker. CZechM8, anytime you would like to know more about our smokers you can call Mike.  His number is posted on our Facebook page.  Our website is temporaily down but expect it back up in a few months when things cool down.  
grilling_smilie.gif

Well yesterday went as planned.  Started the fire at 5:00AM, was up to temperature at 6:00AM and put the Boston Butt on shortly thereafter.

Here I am peeking after the first hour, looking good.  A little spritz of apple juice and close the lid.

A second peek at hour two, another spritz of apple juice..........

A little TBS and the temp is almost steady at 235-240, it's a beautiful morning...........

Hour four and I'm beginning to get hungry.  Last spritz of apple juice..........

About 12:30PM or so I threw on some sausage, and some doctored up baked beans.  YUM

Final check about 2:00PM to stir the beans and roll the sausage.

Completed this smoke at about 3:30PM, or about 1.5 hours per pound, wrapped it in foil for about an hour, then devoured it.  It was absolutely delicious, tender and moist.  I used a combination of pecan and mesquite.

Can't wait for the leftovers today!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky