Fatty's (1st Time)

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by pote05, Dec 31, 2010.

1. pote05

pote05 Meat Mopper

Got all the stuff to make my first fatty.. Gonna stuff it with Green & Red Peppers, Red Onions, Pepper Jack Cheese... Should I cook the Peppers & Onions first??

2. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

Just my opinion here, I would saute the onions down because I love the rich taste that even lightly caramelized onions give, and to get rid of moisture.  I would maybe char the peppers and peel them, if I had time, just enough to give them a bit more flavor, and let their flavor get out into the meat more, but sometimes that fresh pepper taste is the point, so then, I wouldn't.  Don't sweat it too much!  They are going to be good!!!

3. bigolboysbbq

bigolboysbbq Fire Starter

I have done it both ways with pre-cooking the peppers and onions and it turned out great. I also have put them in raw and it tasted great. Whatever you choose it should turn out great. Good luck and post some pictures. 

4. pote05

pote05 Meat Mopper

[​IMG]

5. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I would base my answer on how you like the texture of the peppers and onions. Personally, I like my al dente. It's all good my friend.

6. pote05

pote05 Meat Mopper

THanks everyone. now time for a drink in the Tiki Bar...

[​IMG]

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I really like your little man-cave that you have going on there. Now is that thick cut bacon that I'm seeing on the table. Thick cut bacon doesn't have time to really cook up the way that most folks like it. Tha's whay we recommend that you use thin and cheep bacon on our fatties. It will be alright so you don't have to run out and buy more bacon it's just next time you'll now.

8. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

Can I have my margarita on the rocks, please?  and go ahead and line up a shot on the side, if you wouldn't mind?

9. pote05

pote05 Meat Mopper

Done, I only use Cabo Wabo Tequila....

10. bigolboysbbq

bigolboysbbq Fire Starter

Haha nice looking bar man I would not mind a sip from the single barrel up there. Good looking Man-Cave. Some day I can have a set-up like that. 

11. pote05

pote05 Meat Mopper