Fan inside smoker ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kunze7

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 27, 2015
Wisconsin
image.jpeg
I was thinking of putting a fan in my smoker to move the heat around. I was wondering what kind of fan what would hold up to the heat. I have a fan but not sure if it will hold up to the heat.

Fan motor outside body of smoker, very small hole for a long drive shaft to go through body, with a fan blade module that can be removed (I've seen ones with a set screw that hold it to the shaft). That way you can pull it and clean the fan blades every so often when they get cruddy. It will get covered with "smoke" and creosote with use. If you put the motor or a complete fan assembly inside the smoker it will gunk up and stop pretty quickly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky